Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) SF Braxton Blackwell to Alabama

http://www.insidethehall.com/2013/10/07/braxton-blackwell-picks-indiana-offer-hysteria-visit/

“I really liked the campus. The facilities are amazing,” Blackwell said. “The coaching staff is one of the best I’ve met so far. I just really could see myself being at Indiana in the future.”

“The word Hysteria is an appropriate word for it as far as the fanbase,” Thomas Blackwell said. “I was really impressed with the students as far how they came in on a Friday to greet both the ladies and men’s teams, coaches and staffs.”

Beyond the time at Hysteria and Memorial Stadium, the Blackwell’s stay in Bloomington, which was far more in-depth than a typical unofficial visit, also included conversations with academic advisor Marni Mooney and strength and conditioning coach Je’Ney Jackson. Academics are important to the family and was a major focus of the visit.

“The academic piece was very impressive,” Thomas Blackwell said. “She (Marni) sat down with us one-on-one for at least a hour, taking us through how many majors were there and how they help the men’s basketball team as far making sure they stay on track and being a resource for them and partnering up with the head coach to make sure he knows how his players are doing.”

“It was great to hear when Coach Crean said he wanted to offer me a scholarship to play for them,” Blackwell said. “Indiana comes with a lot of tradition and just to be one of the players can be, possibly at one point, keeping the tradition going, is just a blessing.”

http://ontheradarhoops.com/2013/11/05/otrhoopsreport-the-notebook-nov-5-2013/

Braxton Blackwell out of Nashville, Tenn., is emerging as one of the nation’s top forward prospects in the class of 2016. The 6-foot-7 wing forward received an offer from DePaul coach Oliver Purnell on Monday. Blackwell has recent scholarship offers from Alabama, Indiana, Memphis, North Carolina State and Providence amongst others.

Our Assistant Director of Scouting, Jonathan Hemingway will have the opportunity to get a new evaluation on Blackwell’s game in a primetime matchup versus Oak Hill Academy at the Marshall County Hoopfest next month.

With former teammate and Providence verbal Jalen Lindsey gone to Huntington Prep, this year’s version of the Christ Presbyterian Academy juggernaut will be headlined by Blackwell. CPA coach Drew Maddux is no stranger to coaching top shelf talent so expect Blackwell’s game to continue to flourish over the next six months as the Lions aim for another state championship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C-cF6ZBLsiw

FISHERS, Ind. — Class of 2016 Christ Presbyterian Academy (Tenn.) wing Braxton Blackwell has already amassed 15 scholarship offers, but his recruitment is less than a month from taking on a significant change.

That’s because college coaches will be able to communicate directly with Blackwell for the first time beginning at 12:00 a.m. on June 15. At the adidas Gauntlet at Best Choice Fieldhouse over the weekend, the 6-foot-8 rising junior said his classmates at school have already started to discuss which school will reach out first.

“I’m still wondering who is going to be the first to call,” he said. “Some kids at my school made a little bet to see who is going to be the first to call.”

So who is the getting the most buzz?

“Right now, everyone is going with Tennessee or Memphis,” he said. “A few said Vanderbilt, but Tennessee or Memphis, really.”

Given the location of Blackwell’s school (Nashville), it’s not surprising that the local schools are chief among the discussion with his classmates. But his recruitment has expanded beyond the borders of Tennessee with schools like Florida, Indiana, Providence and Virginia among his top suitors.

However, Blackwell himself said he’s a bit isolated from the process right now as he lets his father, Thomas, handle the contact with coaches for now. The contact piece will obviously change soon, but his approach to the process appears to be set.

“I’m not rushing into it. Jalen Lindsey (Providence signee), he taught me a lot,” Blackwell said. “He was at CPA until his senior year. He helped me out with that. He told me to take it one day at a time and when June 15 comes, that’s when it will get crazy.

“I’m looking forward to it (June 15). I’m really enjoying the recruiting process right now. I’m not really sure when I’ll make a decision or anything like that.”

As a sophomore, Blackwell won Tennessee’s Class AA Mr. Basketball award while averaging 19.4 points, 12.1 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 2.2 blocks, and 2.7 steals per game.

His high school coach, Drew Maddux, recently told Inside the Hall that he plans to use Blackwell as a more of a primary ball handler next season.

With his size and versatility, he can play and guard multiple positions, but Blackwell believes he has plenty to work on this summer while playing with the Atlanta Celtics, a powerhouse AAU program that helped produce Dwight Howard and Josh Smith.

“I’ve been working on my jump shot a little bit. Just working on that and also playing a lot harder,” he said. “Right now, if I see an open lane, I take it and go all of the way rather than just taking a shot pull-up. I should start taking more jump shots. And just learning how to get people involved more often.”

http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/05/20/five-star-blackwell-staying-patient-focusing-on-improvement/

Edited by OliviaPope40