Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) SF Braxton Blackwell to Alabama

http://www.insidethehall.com/2013/10/07/braxton-blackwell-picks-indiana-offer-hysteria-visit/

“I really liked the campus. The facilities are amazing,” Blackwell said. “The coaching staff is one of the best I’ve met so far. I just really could see myself being at Indiana in the future.”

“The word Hysteria is an appropriate word for it as far as the fanbase,” Thomas Blackwell said. “I was really impressed with the students as far how they came in on a Friday to greet both the ladies and men’s teams, coaches and staffs.”

Beyond the time at Hysteria and Memorial Stadium, the Blackwell’s stay in Bloomington, which was far more in-depth than a typical unofficial visit, also included conversations with academic advisor Marni Mooney and strength and conditioning coach Je’Ney Jackson. Academics are important to the family and was a major focus of the visit.

“The academic piece was very impressive,” Thomas Blackwell said. “She (Marni) sat down with us one-on-one for at least a hour, taking us through how many majors were there and how they help the men’s basketball team as far making sure they stay on track and being a resource for them and partnering up with the head coach to make sure he knows how his players are doing.”

“It was great to hear when Coach Crean said he wanted to offer me a scholarship to play for them,” Blackwell said. “Indiana comes with a lot of tradition and just to be one of the players can be, possibly at one point, keeping the tradition going, is just a blessing.”

Tom, get him the papers asap

Off the board.

Alabama

Kansas

Tennessee

Texas

Vanderbilt

Virginia

1. His uncle is an assistant at UNC, and they never offered.
  2. We backed off, even though he is a good student and highly rated.
  3. This year's EYBL: 22 mpg, 11 ppg (4th on his AAU team), 6 rpg (3rd on his AAU team), 2.6 TOpg (worst on his AAU team), 1.6 assistspg (5th on his AAU team). Didn't make a three (0-7), 61% from the line. NOT commensurate with the 38th ranked recruit in his class.

For those busting on Ibi Watson, his production against high-level competition was stellar; Braxton Blackwell's was...meh, at best.

I am skeptical that the inclusion of Kansas in his final six is legit.