Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

37 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He could be the right-handed Matt Carpenter off the bench. Let him start once a week. Something like that if he would be willing to do that. 

What a minute....I love Albert, but you want TWO burned out overpaid players taking up bench spots??? :-)

This scenario would also require Goldy to need an extra day off (assuming there is usually one built in day off per week) each week. I really don't think he does. And Edman's versatility to play outfield positions is mostly what gives Carpenter more playing time (Edman slotting in the OF when someone is injured or needs a day off so Carp plays 2B, but also can fill in at 3B or 1B). Albert isn't playing anything other than 1B, or DH for games against AL teams. And playing once a week won't make him more productive. I'm not opposed to some nostalgia moment of Albert coming back in some way. I'm just opposed to having another Matt Carpenter on this team. 

11 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

What a minute....I love Albert, but you want TWO burned out overpaid players taking up bench spots??? :-)

This scenario would also require Goldy to need an extra day off (assuming there is usually one built in day off per week) each week. I really don't think he does. And Edman's versatility to play outfield positions is mostly what gives Carpenter more playing time (Edman slotting in the OF when someone is injured or needs a day off so Carp plays 2B, but also can fill in at 3B or 1B). Albert isn't playing anything other than 1B, or DH for games against AL teams. And playing once a week won't make him more productive. I'm not opposed to some nostalgia moment of Albert coming back in some way. I'm just opposed to having another Matt Carpenter on this team. 

I'm all for getting rid of the current Matt Carpenter. I have a ball that Albert threw to my son before hitting a huge 3 run homer against the Reds many years ago that I need him to sign, so I kind of need him closer to home. :-)