Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I can’t remember who it was, maybe that Scotty D cat, but someone said something to the effect we should be rooting for wins not losses for what seemed like this reason. I don’t believe it, but it is certainly something to watch. 

At this point, we have nothing to lose, right? I can't really root for loses, but if Woodson is back for 24-25, maybe a few more wins will shift the narrative to something like "he righted the ship" and he rides off into the sunset. But I don't think he quits regardless. Too much ego.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I agree that we either need to play Reneau at the 5 or if we're getting a rim protector let him go. But no one wants to see two bigs playing together any longer

I agree.  Not sure I trust Sparks to back up MR though when he gets in foul trouble.  

1 hour ago, Feathery said:

I do wonder if Dusty makes a few run of that would change the plan at IU. They can’t have another Brad Stevens situation. 

What's the line? Oh, yeah: "here, hold my beer".

2 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I agree.  Not sure I trust Sparks to back up MR though when he gets in foul trouble.  

Hey, Sparks has to get that reverse layup attempt to go eventually. Not all of them can hit the bottom of the backboard.

So last week I said I was out on the program and I meant it, at that time. After cooling off (took entire week) I realized that was said in anger. I'm still mostly indifferent but I will always root for the Hoosiers. Which is why I for the 3,000 time say.....go away Woody....just go away. Anyhow, yeah I was one of those guys but dammit I'm sick and tired of the crap we are being fed.

So last week I said I was out on the program and I meant it, at that time. After cooling off (took entire week) I realized that was said in anger. I'm still mostly indifferent but I will always root for the Hoosiers. Which is why I for the 3,000 time say.....go away Woody....just go away. Anyhow, yeah I was one of those guys but dammit I'm sick and tired of the crap we are being fed.
I didn't care the 3 games before msu. I watched them but couldn't get into them. Never really had that happen. Was excited for senior night game and cheered most of it. Probably alchohol related lol. I am excited for big 10 tournament and I think why I wasn't before was I didn't have hope. I have hope now so we will probably get destroyed game 1 lol. Woodson and leals speech pissed me off! Mostly because I feel it makes them look weak. Hopefully they prove me wrong!
Fire Woodson unless he wins the big 10 tournament! Lol

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Really sad ngw is gone. Couldn't a couple day ban better fit the crime? To think at the end I just realized all his efforts were to protect us all from false information. Proves good deeds do get punished or something like that.
Fire Woodson!

Just now, coonhounds said:

Really sad ngw is gone. Couldn't a couple day ban better fit the crime? To think at the end I just realized all his efforts were to protect us all from false information. Proves good deeds do get punished or something like that.
Fire Woodson!

Don't worry, Cathy is here to take his place. She just hangs out in the Liam decommitting thread

Seems like the Indy Star and SI articles would be far more alarming to me than getting on a message board.  I also think as a recruit or recruits parent, the coach's age, lack of 24 recruits and not meeting his own goals for the program (BT and National Titles) would be more concerning.
Didn't read either article, so I can't comment. But, do remember the trash on the Indy Star message boards for years. Had an old sports writer friend at Indy Star who quit because of the toxicity. Again, the decision has been made for next year, so let it go.....or continue stomp your feet and jump up and down, holding your breath......your choice.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Don't worry, Cathy is here to take his place. She just hangs out in the Liam decommitting thread

First off I need an alert to tell me when she is around, secondly, I rush over there to read her insight and I can't make anything out of it. She just talks in circles that I guess are over my head. 

If I got any of it correctly I think she is saying that everyone in the athletic department & basketball department are thrilled with how everything is going. Please someone break it down a little for me. Is that what she is saying? Maybe I need her to type slower :-)

47 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Nope, I don't really get into multiple message boards. But apparently, one of our current players' mother has had concerns about the CMW rumors, so this nonsense here just adds to uncertainty retaining players, and/or recruiting new players. If you don't think recruits talk to each other......get over it.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

If mommy thinks the problems are the CMW rumors, she ain't seen nothing yet.  

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

First off I need an alert to tell me when she is around, secondly, I rush over there to read her insight and I can't make anything out of it. She just talks in circles that I guess are over my head. 

If I got any of it correctly I think she is saying that everyone in the athletic department & basketball department are thrilled with how everything is going. Please someone break it down a little for me. Is that what she is saying? Maybe I need her to type slower :-)

I basically think she is more or less saying "every coach at IU is going to get their 4, and people really like Woody, so why would you ever think he wouldn't?" Like... that seems to be her POV, all the corporate jargon/speaking in circles is just window dressing.

But hey, she works in the administration so that is why it's simple for her and so complex to everybody else. Just like Mike said... if you're not a "true fan," you can never really understand. 

This is not directed at any particular poster; just noticing a trend:

While it's 100% appropriate to push back on anyone's opinion, it is unadvisable toward the quality of the board's discourse to accuse posters with differing points of view of having an 'agenda'. 

Ngw bailed in a hail of accusations leveled by him and at him of having some hidden agenda--that's a shame because it didn't need to be that way.

A potentially repetitive group trampling of those with opinions differing from the vast majority is allowed. But to me? Not a good idea in the long run.

Semi-rant over. Love y'all!

2 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I basically think she is more or less saying "every coach at IU is going to get their 4, and people really like Woody, so why would you ever think he wouldn't?" Like... that seems to be her POV, all the corporate jargon/speaking in circles is just window dressing.

But hey, she works in the administration so that is why it's simple for her and so complex to everybody else. Just like Mike said... if you're not a "true fan," you can never really understand. 

Thank you. It's not like we're going to hold her to answering a question. But I regress papa is smacking us down.