Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, AH1971 said:

****-stirrer or not, I still don't see where he is wrong whether or not you want to agree with it. 

Once again my problem is with the below

then a player that does more selling of products than producing despite being highly paid tells lifetime IU fans to “chill out”

Dude is an ******* and **** like this is uncalled for. But par for the course for an ******* like DD. There is a reason he was fired from his last job.....

Has any of our insiders found out what the strategy is by the iu administration trying to get heat from the fans like this is th wwe?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Did you feel his speech had shades of retirement? I didn’t personally, would love to hear your thoughts

Honestly, when he started thanking everyone and then kinda paused I started thinking “holy cow, is he gonna announce retirement?!?!” But then went on with the “true fans” stuff and ended with “I am the coach. Understand that.” I was like well crap, haha 

1 minute ago, realTomCrean said:

So I take it you don’t tune into the radio show 

I do not tune into any sports talk radio.. If I wanted to lose brain cells I would bang my head against a wall....

All sports talk radio is nothing but cancer....

3 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

Did you feel his speech had shades of retirement? I didn’t personally, would love to hear your thoughts

If he retires? It would be really easy to read the transcript of his speech and see it that way.

If he doesn't? It would also be easy to read his choice of words as a guy who was pissed and taking the opportunity to push back hard.

1 minute ago, iubb said:

Once again my problem is with the below

Dude is an ******* and **** like this is uncalled for. But par for the course for an ******* like DD. There is a reason he was fired from his last job.....

Is it any more uncalled for than a current player to tell the fanbase to "chill out"? You won't find many fan bases who sell out senior day with the way this team played this year. I see nothing wrong with his comments especially considering there's a ton of truth behind it. I'm guessing this a lot more well received if anybody but DD had said it?

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Agree with @ap2345 100%.

Until there's an official announcement I still think there's a legit chance that Woody "retires on his own terms" after this season.

Maybe that could be why he said he did his job. Whether we agree or disagree he believes this. Could have been a deeper meaning to the statement.

1 minute ago, AH1971 said:

Is it any more uncalled for than a current player to tell the fanbase to "chill out"? You won't find many fan bases who sell out senior day with the way this team played this year. I see nothing wrong with his comments especially considering there's a ton of truth behind it. I'm guessing this a lot more well received if anybody but DD had said it?

As I said last night, when people impinge on your character and say you hate your coach and will bolt the moment you can, I feel like they are justified in calling out the rumors for what they were... (BS) 

1 minute ago, BlueDevil said:

Maybe that could be why he said he did his job. Whether we agree or disagree he believes this. Could have been a deeper meaning to the statement.

I like that, let’s hope to God it’s that. Haha 

1 minute ago, BlueDevil said:

If his job was creating a rebuild for the next coach, yeah he did his job alright.

7 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

Sounding like May could be returning to the Midwest very soon (either Columbus or Chicago), which would make him almost certainly unavailable to IU a year from now.

May will end up at OSU and Mosier will end up at Depaul. I believe May will never be the coach at IU.

3 hours ago, True Fan said:

Ah, so the true fans are the ones who are responsible for us wanting to win and closing out the season strong.... I thought it was the players...

Whatever the reason, they are playing the way they should have earlier in the year

21 hours ago, Ya Boy AD Scotty D said:

Silly but where we are. Send Woodson out with a win in Assembly Hall. End the regular season on a high note. Then reality (on a few fronts) sets in after the BTT exit. Rather than say a whole lot of nothing, I'll say a little bit of nothing: things happening on and off the court matter. The entirety of the season will be assessed (take that as you will. Lot to be embarrassed about this year. Some stuff not fitting for our brand) McNeeley news shocked the staff... being anything other than buttoned up, does not tend to go well, when under a lens. 

I'll also say. I'd be surprised if anything is necessarily official following Tuesday. The situation is incredibly fluid. Many factors at hand, on and off the court. It won't be over and done with when Martha the Mop Lady stops singing today, that is clear to me. 

Well, we got the first part accomplished.  Seems a pretty favorable draw in the BTT.  Does a good run in that help keep him?  Is the off court stuff something you can share more on?

I thought the part "I am not going anywhere" sounded a bit like he wasnt going to retire.  
Yes would be odd to call the fans a bunch of dbags then retire. He want to come back and win and stick it to us! I hope he does win. Matter of fact I hope we boo him every where he goes. Hold up signs at the games that say fire Woodson so the players can see them. I sure don't want them thinking he is safe and playing like they did the first 4 months of the season!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Well, we got the first part accomplished.  Seems a pretty favorable draw in the BTT.  Does a good run in that help keep him?  Is the off court stuff something you can share more on?

If the rumors of how he's been towards Moren and the women's team are true, I'm sure that'd classify as off court.