Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Sharnecce Currie-Jelks to INDIANA from UT Martin

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Welcome Sharnecce!   Looks like a solid addition from a size and statistical standput.  Is she our backup 5?

I think Meister will continue to be our backup five. Currie-Jelks appears to be a slashing, long, athletic big, something that we do not really have.

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I think Meister will continue to be our backup five. Currie-Jelks appears to be a slashing, long, athletic big, something that we do not really have.

Agree. And add an off reb element, as well. 66 ORebs this year. 

5 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Tough for UT Martin though. To stick by her only to have her blow up and have opportunities at bigger places

Yes. I noticed that.  Not just her but with others in all sports.  Do you mean opportunities or opportunity as IU being the biggest opportunity?  …. Level of competition for her has just went kinda off the charts compared to anything before….high school or college.
Great opportunity for her to be a part of a class organization and Welcome Sharnecce.

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

Yes. I noticed that.  Not just her but with others in all sports.  Do you mean opportunities or opportunity as IU being the biggest opportunity?  …. Level of competition for her has just went kinda off the charts compared to anything before….high school or college.
Great opportunity for her to be a part of a class organization and Welcome Sharnecce.

i am glad we got her as she looks to be a great talent and i am sure has a lot of perseverance.  I was just thinking how it is a tough deal for a school like UT Martin.

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

i am glad we got her as she looks to be a great talent and i am sure has a lot of perseverance.  I was just thinking how it is a tough deal for a school like UT Martin.

Evidenced by her play at Tennessee Martin competition level.  
IU schedule and competition level will be a new and different challenge. 

I agree that it is a loss for UT Martin.

I am also glad she is coming to IU Ladies program.

I'd still like a Geary type. 3rd center on the depth chart when foul trouble and/or injuries. Parrish will exclusively play on the perimeter, imo, now. 

MH, Meister, Yarden, and SCJ able to handle the 4+5 spots. 

CMM, Scalia, Parrish, Sandvik, and Bargesser----and the two FR for spots 1-3. 

I like this addition a lot.Looks to be an athletic weak side rebounder with a nose for the ball. Rebounding was a weakness with this squad last season and lack of quickness to the boards, and really overall played a big part in the Miami loss.

Welcome to Hoosier Nation Sharnecce!