Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Schreckbagger

Trayce Jackson-Davis - Golden State Warriors

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

He shot 12-26.

LOVE Trayce and everything he was at IU, but unguarded at the start of a drill is different than in a game and fatigued.

For sure, but could he have shot 30% and shot a few a game to keep the defense stretched? I think so 

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

He shot 12-26.

LOVE Trayce and everything he was at IU, but unguarded at the start of a drill is different than in a game and fatigued.

Yes.  I agree.  "Different" it is.

But "extremely" different is different than just merely different.

TJD's role was to be inside.  It was up to others to shoot from out.  I am not taking an issue with the strategy.

So, the final word is that TJD was spectacular at IU.  We were very lucky to have him on the team.  For sure.

But since he never ever displayed a 3-point shot in a game before this, I am stunned.  His stat line shows 0% his senior season at IU.

And in the NBA tryout he hits a surprising 75% at first, then ends up hitting at above 45%...  different than 0%...it is.

Does this raise his prospects in the draft?  Tell me that the evaluators have already taken his 3-point display as just an interesting thing.  I don't feel like that is so.  It is new. sure, he had the potential.  This looks like he is ahead of the potential curve.  And a great opportunity for him and his future team.  Moreso after his 3-point tryout.

1 hour ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Yes.  I agree.  "Different" it is.

But "extremely" different is different than just merely different.

TJD's role was to be inside.  It was up to others to shoot from out.  I am not taking an issue with the strategy.

So, the final word is that TJD was spectacular at IU.  We were very lucky to have him on the team.  For sure.

But since he never ever displayed a 3-point shot in a game before this, I am stunned.  His stat line shows 0% his senior season at IU.

And in the NBA tryout he hits a surprising 75% at first, then ends up hitting at above 45%...  different than 0%...it is.

Does this raise his prospects in the draft?  Tell me that the evaluators have already taken his 3-point display as just an interesting thing.  I don't feel like that is so.  It is new. sure, he had the potential.  This looks like he is ahead of the potential curve.  And a great opportunity for him and his future team.  Moreso after his 3-point tryout.

Shot form can raise his draft status more than whether they went in IMO.

26 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Shot form can raise his draft status more than whether they went in IMO.

I’m sure they’d still prefer they went in…

I love TJD. I really hope he gets drafted into a good situation and shows out. He’s got a real flair to his game, emphatic jams and blocks, lightning quick and powerful moves to the hoop. It will be cool to see him show new fans what he can do

Trayce had a great day at the combine, and it wasn't because of three point shooting. His measurables were outstanding: 6'8.25" without shoes, 7'1" wingspan. That's hot stuff for a guy that quick and physical. The NBA is looking for switchable defenders-that's Trayce.

For instance, Coleman Hawkins from Illinois who projects tall, long, and not very physical or skilled, was 6'8.5" and a 7'.025" wingspan. Lundy from Penn State was 6'4" and 6'10.25" (not good at all).

Btw; Edey? He was 4 inches taller than anyone at the combine at 7'3.25" without shoes (!) and an EIGHT inch longer wingspan than anyone else at 7'10.5" (WOW - that's crazy). Are we sure he's not going pro? Sure seems draftable by a team that sees a style fit.

45 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Trayce had a great day at the combine, and it wasn't because of three point shooting. His measurables were outstanding: 6'8.25" without shoes, 7'1" wingspan. That's hot stuff for a guy that quick and physical. The NBA is looking for switchable defenders-that's Trayce. 

Maybe a team with 3 first round picks would go after him...

48 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Btw; Edey? He was 4 inches taller than anyone at the combine at 7'3.25" without shoes (!) and an EIGHT inch longer wingspan than anyone else at 7'10.5" (WOW - that's crazy). Are we sure he's not going pro? Sure seems draftable by a team that sees a style fit.

I'm not sure Edey fits in today's NBA.  He can't guard anyone and he can't shoot.  Even if he's dominant inside, those guys struggle to see the floor.  With that said, there is one guy who is basically his carbon copy and has built a career riding the bench while being an impact player in very short spurts...

Boban Marjanovic of the Houston Rockets looks on from the bench... News  Photo - Getty Images

I hope he has a good commercial agent.

55 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

For instance, Coleman Hawkins from Illinois who projects tall, long, and not very physical or skilled, was 6'8.5" and a 7'.025" wingspan. Lundy from Penn State was 6'4" and 6'10.25" (not good at all).

Edey is flat out slow, can you imagine him trying to stop Jokic, the Greek Freak, Durant, etc. etc.? Or how do you think  Edey vs Wembanyama 1v to the rim would go? Or how will Edey fare against even mid-level NBA guards and wings? He has size and length. He can get picked, but he'll get owned on the floor repeatedly if he does.

59 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I've been saying this all season.  His 3/4 court sprint was decent as well.  Shoots free throws well.  Pretty good touch around the rim.  It's bonkers if a team doesn't see a spot for him.  

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I've felt all along he'll be back. It just feels like it would be too big of a break for us and the rest of the league if he left. 

14 minutes ago, moyemayhem said:

I'm not sure Edey fits in today's NBA.  He can't guard anyone and he can't shoot.  Even if he's dominant inside, those guys struggle to see the floor.  With that said, there is one guy who is basically his carbon copy and has built a career riding the bench while being an impact player in very short spurts...

Boban Marjanovic of the Houston Rockets looks on from the bench... News  Photo - Getty Images

True; Edey is very slow for the NBA; however, he moves better and is far more skilled than Boban or Tacko Fall ever dreamed of being. Boban also has nine straight years in the league.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

By showing that he could at least develop some range has to help TJD possibly move up in the draft, though. Might move him into the first round. Especially coupled with his improved defense and passing that he showed this past year.  If so, he was probably lucky to get COVID last year. He was second round at best then so he could make a lot more money going forward than he would've gotten from his contract starting last year and NIL helped offset some of the lose of the contract he would've had then.

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

By showing that he could at least develop some range has to help TJD possibly move up in the draft, though. Might move him into the first round. Especially coupled with his improved defense and passing that he showed this past year.  If so, he was probably lucky to get COVID last year. He was second round at best then so he could make a lot more money going forward than he would've gotten from his contract starting last year and NIL helped offset some of the lose of the contract he would've had then.

Great to see those combine results, I think it's fair to say TJD is even more of a player than we saw. He's going to get drafted, probably late 1st or early 2nd. Here's to hoping he finds a good fit, and sticks in the League.

2 hours ago, moyemayhem said:

But who is better looking, Boban or Edey?

image.jpeg.964c9ee83208c5046e15e99396169259.jpeg

9515222.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=100:75,offset-y0.50&width=100&height=75&fit=crop