Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OliviaPope40

2023 NCAA Softball Tournament

5-1 with TN coming to bat in the 4th but there's another rain delay.  From weather radar it doesn't look like it should be an extended delay.

Unfortunately, when play resumed with Copeland at bat and the bases loaded in the 3rd, she struck out swinging.  TN scored its 5 runs in the first 2 innings and all charged to Copeland.  Montgomery took over in relief in the 2nd.

Going to have to find the offense if the want to advance. I'm going to assume they will play Louisville in the elimination game, it's going to be hard and can't trust the pitching to win them games here

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, maharkn said:

Going to have to find the offense if the want to advance. I'm going to assume they will play Louisville in the elimination game, it's going to be hard and can't trust the pitching to win them games here

Yup.  2 hits isn't going to win you many games.

Tennessee is a very good and dangerous team as I have seen throughout the season. Shocking upset of the night is UCLA losing to Liberty coached by a UCLA alum who was an orthopedic surgeon very good in her own right. Even some of the UCLA coaches are good in their own right their assistant coach is probably one if not the best pitcher in the game.

Not looking good for Copeland today.  2 singles and a BB in the 1st inning with no outs and fortunate to escape with no runs scored.  Leadoff single in the Louisville 2nd followed by a BB and then a throwing error on our catcher and Louisville led 1-0.  A double scored another and it's 2-0 after 2 complete.  Copeland already given up 4 hits, 2 BB and a WP.

Major gift handed to Indiana. Error on a bunch that allowed two to score and a sac fly makes it 4-2 going into the bottom of the seventh three outs away from meeting Tennessee again

Somehow we pulled out a 4-2 win and will face Tennessee again later this afternoon.

We trailed 2-1 entering the 7th.  Parker and Kettleman hit consecutive singles to open the 7th and a sac bunt advanced them to 2nd and 3rd.  A Mitchell bunt and Louisville error scored 2 and allowed Mitchell to advance to 3rd.  Bassett brought her home with a sac fly and Hoosiers took a 4-2 lead.  Johnson had relieved Copeland in the 3rd and pitched no-hit ball the rest of the game and didn't walk a batter.   Thank you Heather Johnson.

Our hitting picked the wrong time to disappear.  We managed just 2 hits last night against Tennessee and today only 3 against Louisville pitching until the 7th inning.  And despite being our best pitcher throughout the season, Copeland didn't get the job done in the regional and didn't make it past the 2nd inning last night or today.

After Johnson's stellar performance in the first game she got the start for the TN game but she had lost her magic and was replaced by Kleiman in the 2nd after giving up 2 runs on 3 hits and 3 BB.  In the bottom of the 2nd we loaded the bases with 1 out and we leave them stranded.  TN leads 2-0 after 2 innings.

After Johnson's stellar performance in the first game she got the start for the TN game but she had lost her magic and was replaced by Kleiman in the 2nd after giving up 2 runs on 3 hits and 3 BB.  In the bottom of the 2nd we loaded the bases with 1 out and we leave them stranded.  TN leads 2-0 after 2 innings.
Left bases loaded again in the second inning as well