Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sardinefarts1991

Who fills the last scholarship?

No intel, no sources, only my gut instinct (the instinct grows wiser as the gut grows wider, ya know...)

From what I've gleaned of MM's relationship with Wilcher, there could absolutely be something here. 

Expect a lot of smoke, regardless of whether there is an actual fire (or rather, how strong the fire actually is) 

There is no way we don't minimally have a cup of coffee here, IMO

Being from Jersey, I'd be extremely pumped if this happened.

Indulge me in getting way ahead of myself and assuming our 2023 class isn't done yet...

Hypothetically, let's say MM/SW team up again. That duo needs a nickname.

In the quiet time between recruiting news/speculation on this, I look forward to reading ~20-100 pages brainstorming nicknames, criticizing Fife's chicken sandwich condiment choosing, cheese on apple pie, etc. 

51 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Buddy of mine sent me a write up from Rabby on 2024 kids…5-6 top 25 kids either projected to set up or already setting up officials to IU. 

This staff is rolling…we are at the table. 

Damn right we are!

We've got the coolest 65 year young coach/grandpa in the business. These kids, and even better their family,  love what this coaching staff is building (trust, honesty, NIL, and development). Anyone can get these 5☆'s to the league, but not all can sell the pro experience like CMW. 

My gut tells me we'll be talking about the '24 class for years to come. 

3 hours ago, TeeterInNJ said:

From what I've gleaned of MM's relationship with Wilcher, there could absolutely be something here. 

Expect a lot of smoke, regardless of whether there is an actual fire (or rather, how strong the fire actually is)  

There may be something, who knows. But whatever their relationship, they were planning on attending complete opposite, biggest rivals to each other schools until MM decommitted. 

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

There may be something, who knows. But whatever their relationship, they were planning on attending complete opposite, biggest rivals to each other schools until MM decommitted. 

But those schools are quite close to each other, despite being far from home.

8 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

True. 

Flip side? Some may call that, the stars aligning... 

I'm hopeful something materializes here but we'll be fine regardless.

3 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Wilcher visiting St. John's according to Trilly.

Yeah, don't think I've seen any substantive reporting/"rumors" connecting us to him... seems that Wilcher is very much looking for a place where he can start from day 1/get a ton of shots, etc... fair enough, that's basically the reason we landed Mack. 

They won a state championship together, but their play styles could sometimes be in conflict, it sounds like (and another poster mentioned they may also have conflicts off the court, which I'm unaware of, but could easily be true). 

Guess I jumped the gun and turns out there may actually not be any fire here - not even a little smoke... except from me! :103:

Too bad... was brainstorming NIL ideas for that duo....

Had visions of Hoosiers for Good selling T shirts of Mack, Wilcher, and Woody à la GoodFellas. 

Goodfellas (1990) - IMDb

Under the title, picture of the Sample Gates on one side, the other side with local favorite brands. 

(Yes I am insane)