Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sardinefarts1991

Who fills the last scholarship?

It seems we are looking good now, a very athletic group with some great size.

It appears the starting 5 has 4 spots probably locked up.

Xavier

Mackenzie

Reneau

Ware

... Are probably all starters. 

I love Galloway, he's one of my favorite Hoosiers ever and ive been watching 25 years. I think he can fill the shooting guard spot, however, isn't necessary a shooter who runs of screens, more of a set shooter who shoots 40% from 3 only shooting when he catches and is open.

Having Galloway come off bench as 6th man, and having a athletic 3 point shooter would really have this team dangerous. 

Who you guys think we could aim at left in the portal to possibly fill that starting shooting guard spot if Galloway isn't our shooting guard starter?

Good thread for my DUDES UPDATE:

certified, starting-caliber dudes: X, Trey, Mgbako, Reneau, Ware

backup caliber dudes: Sparks, Walker

Some of the other rostered players may be dudes next year, and we have one more spot.  Looking good.

I have no idea who the best fit for the final position is, but as I've said before- in agreement with you and others- TG is a perfect fit for '6th man.' So I'd like to see a solid all around SG join the team. I think that leaves no obvious holes in this roster, assuming everyone is as advertised. 

XJ/ Cupps

? / Galloway

MM / Banks

Reneau / Walker

Ware / Sparks

That is some legit depth. Defense is a bit of an unknown, but a lot to like there.  

45 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

Who is available to challenge Galloway for the starting gig?

With many, I think Tr3y is the perfect 6th man. Every opponent comes in hyped so our starter just needs to make the opponent burn his fuel and allow him to wear into the game. At the 5-7 min mark, in come Tr3y to get the TKO.

Tr3y is like having Hacksaw Jim Dugan as your tag team partner.

2 hours ago, TeeterInNJ said:

I have to say, I think we're lucky that CG is our last remaining big need. 

Simplified way to put it but as an example, FDU beating Purdue this year. Guard play wins games, but decent quality guards who can help you win ball games are also a lot easier to find than 6'8"+ guys who are skilled/physically prepared, etc. 

Yeah, great point. Much easier to find up-transfer guards that can contribute than big, skilled wings.

3 hours ago, TeeterInNJ said:

I have to say, I think we're lucky that CG is our last remaining big need. 

Simplified way to put it but as an example, FDU beating Purdue this year. Guard play wins games, but decent quality guards who can help you win ball games are also a lot easier to find than 6'8"+ guys who are skilled/physically prepared, etc. 

That being said………….we have been looking for a triple threat 2 guard for how many years???
We really needed one last year and it would be icing on the cake this year. Love Galloways game but would like to see him in the junior year Sheehey 6th man role.

I like the idea of TG as the 6th man as much as the next guy but..... I think he starts regardless of who we get (within reason) because it's his 4th year (3rd with CMW) and CMW probably trusts TG more than any other player on his roster. I think shooting is paramount with last G spot. And I'm not talking about a catch and shoot only gut either. Need someone that can shoot off the bounce and shoot while contested. The defensive aspect is not as important imo because we have a lot of guys that I think can help cover that weakness of one player on the court. Should be interesting to see what names we hear about.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk