Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

On 5/12/2023 at 5:33 PM, OGIUAndy said:

His son was my buddy's bookie at IU. If he's on here, that was a while ago :) .  Also, The Cuban follow probably was a bigger deal than I wanted to believe (because we've been burned with the following talk before). But a family friend went to a big donor event at U of I and per the IL staff, IU gets most its NIL money from Cuban.

Just to clarify…this is 100% false. IU doesn’t get any NIL money from Cuban. Cuban had nothing to do with the Mgbako recruitment. Same goes for Ken Nunn. 

12 hours ago, normandale97 said:

Just to clarify…this is 100% false. IU doesn’t get any NIL money from Cuban. Cuban had nothing to do with the Mgbako recruitment. Same goes for Ken Nunn. 

Fair enough. So what individual(s) do give money or were involved in the recruitment. 

3 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Fair enough. So what individual(s) do give money or were involved in the recruitment. 

If people wanted that public they would say so. What I can tell you is the assumption that Cuban is involved in IU’s NIL game is false…other than the Campus Ink store…which is not exclusive to IU. So, people claiming anything other than that are either misinformed or flat out making things up. 

1 hour ago, normandale97 said:

If people wanted that public they would say so. What I can tell you is the assumption that Cuban is involved in IU’s NIL game is false…other than the Campus Ink store…which is not exclusive to IU. So, people claiming anything other than that are either misinformed or flat out making things up. 

I've seen that as an NBA owner he's very restricted in what he would be able to do as far as NIL is concerned. 

37 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

I've seen that as an NBA owner he's very restricted in what he would be able to do as far as NIL is concerned. 

I can’t tell you the reason why he’s not been a donor for IU basketball because I don’t know…just know that he doesn’t give NIL money. 

9 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Mark Cuban gave $5 million to IU basketball for the Center for Sports Media and Technology.

No, it wasn’t just for Indiana basketball. That’s not accurate. My original point…he has not given IU NIL money. 

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Nah fam, Kyrie Irving was scrimmaging with Mgbako in the video.  

Which is pretty damn cool in its own right. 

Yeah, I saw that.  Sorry, I'm a clown

But seriously, I get MJ/Tim Duncan vibes here

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

The Cuban Center serves all IU Athletics and has nothing to do with NIL. 

I didn't say it had anything to do with NIL. I merely said Cuban $5 million for the Cuban Center which serves all IU athletics including the basketball program. The impression left was that Cuban does nothing for IU basketball.  Not true.

29 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

I didn't say it had anything to do with NIL. I merely said Cuban $5 million for the Cuban Center which serves all IU athletics including the basketball program. The impression left was that Cuban does nothing for IU basketball.  Not true.

Maybe you got that impression, I thought normandale’s point (that Cuban doesn’t provide to IU basketball NIL efforts) was pretty clear. 

2 hours ago, normandale97 said:

No, it wasn’t just for Indiana basketball. That’s not accurate. My original point…he has not given IU NIL money. 

Let's say he does, but asked IU to keep is anonymous.  Would you still say he doesn't?