Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

He went on assembly call back in the day and said Archie wouldn’t fail at IU or something along those lines.   IU fans gave him the business on that and he didn’t like it.    Anytime IU was doing bad he would say the internet must be out in Indiana because no one is saying anything.   Then they fired Archie and he wrote some article about IU wasting money hiring Woodson.   Lots of back and forth between him and IU fans.   Usually I’m fine with the shade he throws from time to time but yesterday it seemed like he got a lot off his chest snd had some anger built up from all the stuff.     I will still listen it’s a good show but he he goes down a bashing IU rabbit hole I will shut it down.   

This is what Parrish wrote a couple of years ago for CBSSports about firing Archie Miller and the $10 million 'philanthropic' donation by a mega-rich donor: An Indiana booster's $10 million for a new coach shows money talks, but when players walk, is it worth it? - CBSSports.com

He repeatedly says that he does not care.  And then keeps lobbing negatives about what IU has done and will do.  He keeps asking why Archie failed when Archie obviously is a great coach and would be back into the NCAAT by 2023.  He wonders and whines about IU probably settling for a lessor coach and the players going into the portal...and he gives Al Durham, Armaan Franklin and Race Thompson as examples.  Obviously, he says, leaving the cupboard bare for the next poor coach.

He's probably not happy because his undies got up in a bunch. Because those speculations and negative innuendoes were waaaaay off and premature.   Obviously, IU should hang on to Archie because..words...like we should just keep on failing to make the east coasters happy.  Kind of like Michigan with Harbaugh.  Now IU is going to be back among the blue chips at the end of the season.

Being here in Dayton and having followed Archie Miler's coaching of the University of Dayton Flyers, I wanted him to succeed at IU.  For lots of reasons...not just because it's Indiana.

I think that he was not supported like Woody is being supported.  He also was not charismatic, but his style worked very well in Dayton.  He had certain restrictions on recruiting imposed by the administration.  Woody does not have those restrictions.  I was surprised when IU picked Archie Miller.  I thought that they could have him on the long list.  He was an up and comer.  But, that is a big jump.  But those kind of big jumps are made. And I got on board and said in many posts here that he just might do the trick.  I was not happy that IU did not let him bring his PG in year one.  IU and Archie never recovered from that decision. Crean left the cupboard bare for the next coach..Archie Miller.  Archie Miller did not leave the cupboard bare for the next coach...Woody.  And Woody accomplished quite the magic trick when he kept Trayce & Co. at IU.  

I think that Parrish was doing his Dakich impression.  Just make waves and get clicks.  Media does that nowadays in lieu of reporting they like to 'make the news'.  Sucks bigly.

And to clear the air all of the way, I wonder how much of the $10 million actually got paid or will be paid to Archie Miller.

And to further clear the air, I am not the mega donor that gave $10 million dollars to IU.  Just saying.

Parrish is still throwing IU  fans under the bus because they called him out on the article.     I usually like listening to his and Norlanders podcast but yesterday was a tough listen because of his shots at IU.    I still listened but almost comical he kept the bit going for as long as he did 
Link?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

This is the thing:  Parrish is hurt because his pal Archie failed.  But more than anything, he gives Indiana crap because it drives clicks.

Want to make sure that your article isn't read?  Say something -- anything whether it's positive or negative -- about Purdue. Because nationally, no one cares.  It's something that drives Purdue fans nuts because despite deserving more attention than Indiana by being the better team the past twenty years, the history is 'nice little regular season story, but do nothing on the national stage'.  

Ultimately, that title is going to stick until something changes it.  Doing well in the regular season won't change that.....nationally people don't care about that in Purdue's case because they've seen it before.   

21 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

This is the thing:  Parrish is hurt because his pal Archie failed.  But more than anything, he gives Indiana crap because it drives clicks.

Want to make sure that your article isn't read?  Say something -- anything whether it's positive or negative -- about Purdue. Because nationally, no one cares.  It's something that drives Purdue fans nuts because despite deserving more attention than Indiana by being the better team the past twenty years, the history is 'nice little regular season story, but do nothing on the national stage'.  

Ultimately, that title is going to stick until something changes it.  Doing well in the regular season won't change that.....nationally people don't care about that in Purdue's case because they've seen it before.   

The national public interest in Purdue sports equals that of the sports teams from:

• Colorado State
  • Oklahoma State
  • Georgia Tech

7 hours ago, Dave from Dayton said:

He had certain restrictions on recruiting imposed by the administration.  I was not happy that IU did not let him bring his PG in year one.  IU and Archie never recovered from that decision. 

Good post.

I do have a question in regards to the recruiting. I have read other posts that stated the administration restricted his recruiting but have never read what specifically they did. I didn’t like the years in which we had obvious needs but Archie would still leave one or two spots open. Did the administration make him do it? Not disputing your statements but  I’d just like to know what they actively did to impede him.

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Good post.

I do have a question in regards to the recruiting. I have read other posts that stated the administration restricted his recruiting but have never read what specifically they did. I didn’t like the years in which we had obvious needs but Archie would still leave one or two spots open. Did the administration make him do it? Not disputing your statements but  I’d just like to know what they actively did to impede him.

Always thought he was brought in to get in the grey area. Like big bro and even family friend Cal, then the week after his hire the FBI thing hit. Just a theory.

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

Always thought he was brought in to get in the grey area. Like big bro and even family friend Cal, then the week after his hire the FBI thing hit. Just a theory.

I was naive enough to think the “FBI thing” would bring down Kansas but there they were hanging a banner not much later.