Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

26 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Here’s a hot piece of information on the Mgbako commitment:

Kenya Hunter on the Hoosier Hysterics today on the initiation of the recruitment: IU found out he was interested in IU when Woody, unsolicited, received a text from Mackenzie Mgbako’s mom requesting that IU and get Woody get involved.

So that must be the shenanigans Vernon was talking about. MM's mom slid into CMW's DMs and propositioned him about her son. 

12 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

He's brought in 3 of the 8 (?) highest rated IUBB recruits since the rankings started. It really is hilarious to look back at the "Can Woody recruit?" takes from media people pissed at us for firing Archie.

Parrish is still throwing IU  fans under the bus because they called him out on the article.     I usually like listening to his and Norlanders podcast but yesterday was a tough listen because of his shots at IU.    I still listened but almost comical he kept the bit going for as long as he did 

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Parrish is still throwing IU  fans under the bus because they called him out on the article.     I usually like listening to his and Norlanders podcast but yesterday was a tough listen because of his shots at IU.    I still listened but almost comical he kept the bit going for as long as he did 

I saw that. Lost a ton of respect for him there and not just because of my bias. He was acting like a child. Norlander looked almost mad about him throwing that entire segment too.

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

He seemed to make it very personal about IU. Felt very odd and borderline unprofessional for a national reporter. I'm sure he hears some ridiculous things from IU fans in his replies/emails, but that's certainty true with every large fanbase.

Also, until Edey announces a return, I would say IU is a better (or at least more talented) team than Purdue this upcoming season. 

20 minutes ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

Woodson has been here two years and already brought in five players that were considered 5 star recruits from one recruiting ranking or another (MM, JHS, Reneau, Ware, and Banks).  Also he quickly convinced TJD to return when Trayce already had one foot out the door.  Clearly Woody resonates with these top young players and their families that they want to play for him.  I think 2024 and 2025 are going to see some monster classes for IU.

I really think it all has to do with Coach Woodson as a person. I think kids see him at face value during the recruiting process and on the floor. With that, I feel they see his honesty, passion and genuine love for each kid. I see him being a father or grandpa type figure that demands individual successes and results. Lastly, Coach Woodson is creating and establishing chemistry, team climate or whatever you want to call it and there seems to be an overwhelming buy in. Those few who decided to leave, knew their destiny. JMO

11 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I saw that. Lost a ton of respect for him there and not just because of my bias. He was acting like a child. Norlander looked almost mad about him throwing that entire segment too.

I watched...can someone tell me where this is all coming from? I know who he is, but never pay attention to him. Why the IU hate and shade?

57 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I'm not sure what the connection was, but he was a big Archie guy and hasn't been objective about IU since we fired him.

He went on assembly call back in the day and said Archie wouldn’t fail at IU or something along those lines.   IU fans gave him the business on that and he didn’t like it.    Anytime IU was doing bad he would say the internet must be out in Indiana because no one is saying anything.   Then they fired Archie and he wrote some article about IU wasting money hiring Woodson.   Lots of back and forth between him and IU fans.   Usually I’m fine with the shade he throws from time to time but yesterday it seemed like he got a lot off his chest snd had some anger built up from all the stuff.     I will still listen it’s a good show but he he goes down a bashing IU rabbit hole I will shut it down.