Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

36 minutes ago, Demo said:

https://www.kuhearings.com/p/happened-mackenzie-mgbako

If you’ve got a minute, take a read, and keep in mind that this is one of the less unhinged KU insiders. He may even be fairly accurate in at least the timing of events. But I am just floored at the entitlement on display considering that they stone cold bought Hunter Dickinson and yet find any steps anybody else might take on a kid to be somehow questionable.

Wow.  What a jacksass.

As if it isn't enough that Vernon was way over his skis on this one, he throws Bill Self under the bus by quoting Self as getting over his skis out loud at public events. Even if that's true, does Vernon really want to say that Self was publicly winking and nodding that Mgbako was coming before the announcement?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

From Vernon:

"Kansas held a “Rock Chalk Forever” event at Sporting KC’s Children’s Mercy Park. During this event, I’m Hearing Bill Self indicated he expects another “great'“ week ahead for KU." 

"Friday, May 12. Commitment Day: I’m Hearing Self tells donors over a Zoom call at 1:00 pm that it would be a “great” day."

_______________________________________________________________________________________

So to justify why his insider prediction was wrong, he blames it on faulty information he got from...wait for it ... Kansas Head Coach Bill Self.

19 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Good read.  I wouldn't consider Mike Vernon one of the less unhinged KU insiders, though.  He certain trolls a lot online and tends to insult anyone who doubts his intel.  I'd say the article is more about him being humbled by being wrong than being accurate.

Oh no, you’re right, I just meant in this particular posting. On Friday he was completely sideways.

42 minutes ago, bigrod said:

All I can say is no one who has had the unfair advantage under the "old rules" like the playing field being leveled.

Absolutely true, but I have no doubt the teams that have cheated, still will. The problem wasn't the rules were unfair before NIL, its that they want a result and are willing to steal it from other teams that can't or won't do what they are doing. Cheating is simply stealing (recruits, wins, prestige, ultimately money) from everyone that plays by the rules. They try to spin it like "they care more about winning" but just like any thief, they want the results without paying full price. Whether it's Alabama football, Kentucky basketball, East German gymnasts, Chinese corporate spies, or some guy cheating in a friendly card game in his basement, it's all the same, other than the stakes. What you do is who you are, in every part of life.    

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Wow.  What a jacksass.

As if it isn't enough that Vernon was way over his skis on this one, he throws Bill Self under the bus by quoting Self as getting over his skis out loud at public events. Even if that's true, does Vernon really want to say that Self was publicly winking and nodding that Mgbako was coming before the announcement?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

From Vernon:

"Kansas held a “Rock Chalk Forever” event at Sporting KC’s Children’s Mercy Park. During this event, I’m Hearing Bill Self indicated he expects another “great'“ week ahead for KU." 

"Friday, May 12. Commitment Day: I’m Hearing Self tells donors over a Zoom call at 1:00 pm that it would be a “great” day."

_______________________________________________________________________________________

So to justify why his insider prediction was wrong, he blames it on faulty information he got from...wait for it ... Kansas Head Coach Bill Self.

He didn't really say that.  He actually said this:

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Wow.  What a jacksass.

From Vernon:

I crack up at this clown.. he says "The truth is probably somewhere in the middle: Kansas was in good position, but Indiana was never truly out of it."

Not the biggest Rabby fan but that is literally what he said all week. 

5 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Nice article on the impact of TJD and JHS heading into the NBA draft, and the recruitment of Mack...

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/recruiting-roundup-2024-iu-basketball-targets-notice-mgbako-addition-jhs-and-tjd-seasons/

The Derik Queen comments are interesting. Sort of felt like they had begun to move on from him a bit. Apparently not.

9 hours ago, Demo said:

The Derik Queen comments are interesting. Sort of felt like they had begun to move on from him a bit. Apparently not.

I kinda got that feeling when the national guys said he was all but a given to Maryland and then ... nothing happened.

If we've got a featured role for him I'd expect we'll be sweating the announcement day.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I kinda got that feeling when the national guys said he was all but a given to Maryland and then ... nothing happened.

If we've got a featured role for him I'd expect we'll be sweating the announcement day.

Once the assistant coach left (all 3 left for head coaching coaching jobs so I’m not sure which one) things opened back up a little 

2 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

Came across this a minute ago. Read similar on here but seems the smoke is increasing.

Concerning Dylan Harper:

image.png

I'll definitely catch a couple of his games this year and will be sure to report back! 

Personally would be a little surprised if we snag him from Rutgers... but not very surprised. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Here’s a hot piece of information on the Mgbako commitment:

Kenya Hunter on the Hoosier Hysterics today on the initiation of the recruitment: IU found out he was interested in IU when Woody, unsolicited, received a text from Mackenzie Mgbako’s mom requesting that IU and get Woody get involved.

Wow. I think that seals the deal...

Coach Mike Woodson is THE Closer

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Here’s a hot piece of information on the Mgbako commitment:

Kenya Hunter on the Hoosier Hysterics today on the initiation of the recruitment: IU found out he was interested in IU when Woody, unsolicited, received a text from Mackenzie Mgbako’s mom requesting that IU and get Woody get involved.

That blows up the talk that it he was a UL lock at first and then a Kansas lock before IU came out of nowhere to steal the commitment. 

I wonder if they got the number from Harper.