Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

44 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

And yet was the second leading scorer at providence and became one of the top scorers in the nation in free throws.

Oh yes... He was SOOOOO much better at Providence... The 2ppg more he averaged because of the 2 extra FTs he took... Don't worry that he went from shooting 38% on 3.8 attempts to shooting 23.7% on 3.7 attempts. He attempted and hit 2 more FTs a game. 

56 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

It’s inspiring. I’ve been working in my 6 a.m. game too. 
Get up, move to pantry (fast break). Grab coffee bin (fast hands). Move to counter (floor vision). Grind coffee. Add to percolater - that’s right @Stuhoo percolater, suck eggs! Fill mug. Sidestep dogs’ effort to trip me on way to chair - lateral movement. Deep knee bend (sit down). Drink. Repeat — practice makes perfect.

*shudder*

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

I would say yes.   X made a comment on HH Twitter space that suggested he was in the team group text before the announcement before he corrected himself 

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

There was a confidence in the air by the media teams too. I think they knew. Not sure exactly when but I noticed the difference from other recruitments. The national guys sure as heck were kept out of the loop though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Great credit to those in the know to honor his desire to keep it tight-lipped

57 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I wonder if that IU gear he was rocking was recently provided to him.  I could see media members getting word of that 

With all the new rules, are schools allowed to give that sort of stuff to potential recruits? Maybe he got it on his visit?

21 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Mgbako becomes IU's 32nd burger boy. 

I had forgotten some of these ... 

Last week was trying to come up with the last big-time kid who came here without some kind of personal or geographic connection and went all the way back to DJ White. Completely forgot about Vonleh.

10 hours ago, lillurk said:

Just want to say for posterity that this was an all-timer of a thread from the first post on.

Awesome thread, you're right.  Shows just a bit of Hoosier Hysteria and fan support for the team and coaches. 

But, the thread would have been a lot more interesting if certain people hadn't kept, well you know.  Here's looking at Chris006.9, Stun Who?, some older guy, Race t3, Just Joshing...  

Getting this back on topic: Bourbon, Pizza, the color of the lockers, 76 degree days in spring on campus, Al Durham's productivity 2 years after his candy stripe days, live music, back in the good old days vs social media activity as a leading indicator, leaks, blue bloods, hype, Little 500, you talkin' to me?, the sky is falling, a sixth NC banner, apple pie and hot sauce...

A tip of the ole cream and crimson toupee to Mackenzie Mgbako and his family!  Welcome, and thanks for becoming Hoosiers.

And to those I alluded to above...thank you all and to the posters/fans for the great information, moderating and this site.

18 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Getting this back on topic: Bourbon, Pizza, the color of the lockers, 76 degree days in spring on campus, Al Durham's productivity 2 years after his candy stripe days, live music, back in the good old days vs social media activity as a leading indicator, leaks, blue bloods, hype, Little 500, you talkin' to me?, the sky is falling, a sixth NC banner, apple pie and hot sauce...

You forgot about Dane Fife's proclivity for putting ketchup on chicken sandwiches.

https://www.kuhearings.com/p/happened-mackenzie-mgbako

If you’ve got a minute, take a read, and keep in mind that this is one of the less unhinged KU insiders. He may even be fairly accurate in at least the timing of events. But I am just floored at the entitlement on display considering that they stone cold bought Hunter Dickinson and yet find any steps anybody else might take on a kid to be somehow questionable.

8 minutes ago, Demo said:

https://www.kuhearings.com/p/happened-mackenzie-mgbako

If you’ve got a minute, take a read, and keep in mind that this is one of the less unhinged KU insiders. He may even be fairly accurate in at least the timing of events. But I am just floored at the entitlement on display considering that they stone cold bought Hunter Dickinson and yet find any steps anybody else might take on a kid to be somehow questionable.

Good read.  I wouldn't consider Mike Vernon one of the less unhinged KU insiders, though.  He certain trolls a lot online and tends to insult anyone who doubts his intel.  I'd say the article is more about him being humbled by being wrong than being accurate.