Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

What a huge win,  not to mention that his strengths are exactly what we need for next year.. No guarantee his “press/rankings ” will transfer to the college level, in his freshman year, but the odds of a top 8 guy performing immediately are pretty high.

I’m going to celebrate with a nice bourbon and read prior posts about how an old decrepit worn out guy that has now landed the top available HS player in the entire country, and a top 10 portal guy, can’t recruit……LOL

Hey @Demo

There’s a multitude of reasons why people love this board. One of them is that we have some posters, that truly really understand what it takes to succeed at the game of basketball.

Some people think you’re pretty smart, and you’ve seen full games of Mackenzie Mgbako in action.

So tell us what kind of player we’re getting here!

3 hours ago, iubb said:

Try again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's such stupid chit, it puts them in the Purdont toilet.  Not only did Woodson play 11 seasons he's coached 100s of NBA players, young and old. If you're an up and coming NBA prospect, there is almost nobody better to have in your corner to tell you and teach you the reality of the NBA.  While Bill Self is a very accomplished college coach, he don't know crap about the real NBA.  

59 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Yes. Gives a little insight into how CMW is regarded on the recruiting trail.

Like it or not, Woodson was the right coach at the right time, with NIL, portal, and all.  Now all he has to do is put up some sustained success, grab a 6th banner, and set up the next coach before he retires.  :) 

Sheeeessshhh. Been mostly out of pocket since about 4:45 CT dammit. Serendipitous though b/c I’ve got two good buddies who are KU fans and I texted them early in the day saying the winds were blowing toward Lawrence (just made it up) and they both agreed. So how did I find out it was IU? My KU buddies texting me “what the hell dude?” “You dirty SOB!” Love it!!!

Man… I was wrong on this. Everything that I had read or seen, seemed to add up to a KU commitment. What a huge pickup for Woody and IU. He’s exactly the type of player that has eluded not only IU but the B1G lately. An NBA level wing. 

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but MM joining IU not only helps IU but the entire league as a whole, when you consider the tournament. Often times when B1G teams face dynamic scoring wings in the tourney, they aren’t prepared for them. Now they’ll have had MM bust their ***** a few times prior to the tournament and maybe they can make it outta the 1st weekend.