Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

This was such a massive, massive win for this program for a number of reasons: 

1) Tells me this program is continuing to go into the right direction. I said two months ago that IU couldn't afford to take a huge step back in 23-24. I really think this is a top 25, top 4 B1G team that could make some noise. 

2) Staff went against the big boys for this one. Woodson and co. did such an incredible job. You could really tell they wanted Mack. While it's "stressful" for us fans, if IU wants to be a player again they're going to have to win these type of recruitments. 

3) Sends a message to the '24 or '25 guys I think. Get on board. Right now I think IU has a good chance of having two first rounders for the '24 draft in addition to this years draft. Not many programs can say that. 

4) Was nice to shut up the arrogant college basketball media folks and KU fans. I'm a huge fan of Dauster and the F68 but was a little disappointed to hear him say "I really hope this kid picks Kansas". 

Obviously this is a reason to celebrate but we know the staff isn't done. I do think that if they can land a starting caliber guard (hopefully on upperclassman), this roster I think is Final Four good. 

41 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Romeo. But that had the home state factor 

Romeo also fell into our laps.  UofL and Kansas were in the beginning stages of a federal investigation and nobody knew what their future status would be like.  We were the only clean school left on his list. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Have to think at least one. I still say this: The biggest thing the Romeo Langford did for IU was help this program land Trayce. Not saying IU wouldn't have been able to get Trayce without him, but it would have been much more difficult. I thought Dylan Harper and his comments were interesting. 

Harper, Liam, Asa, kid from KY?, in 24, Harrelson, Sisley, Catchings, Anthony in 25

Harper, Liam, Asa, kid from KY?, in 24, Harrelson, Sisley, Catchings, Anthony in 25

Idk.

Catchings is 24 I believe.

Liam seems possible. Or Asa. Probably not both. Harper would be legit. Rutgers Duke will be tough. But this helps our chances. And I love Perry from Kentucky. Gotta think Bidunga is sky high on our want list as you’d think Perry/Bidunga combo helps.

Maleek Thomas from PA is a huge want in 25. Haralson, Sisley.

High hopes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Idk.

Catchings is 24 I believe.

Liam seems possible. Or Asa. Probably not both. Harper would be legit. Rutgers Duke will be tough. But this helps our chances. And I love Perry from Kentucky. Gotta think Bidunga is sky high on our want list as you’d think Perry/Bidunga combo helps.

Maleek Thomas from PA is a huge want in 25. Haralson, Sisley.

High hopes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Catchings will transfer after it’s become clear he’s made a horrible decision. 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Kansas wanted him and went all out too. This was a legit head to head with no hometown bias.  Woody and staff made him feel like family for real!  All the feels.  Happy for staff on a huge win! 

it's great that we can now compete with Kansas head-to-head for recruits. UT though.... lol