Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

LOL there's a 4 page thread on Rupp Rafters titled "Mackenzie Mgbako to Kansas on Friday" that was started Wednesday, and the first two pages are UK fans arguing about how their program compares to Kansas...then all of a sudden on page 3 it changes to "Oh...he picked IU. LOL at Kansas!!!" 

19 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

When was the last time we beat out Kansas for a big time recruit like this? I know we’ve had some blockbuster battles with UK and UNC, especially under Crean, but seriously when was the last time we went toe to toe with Kansas or Duke and came out on top? 

It's progress. We were in such a deep hole that we have to climb out one step at a time. I really like what this team can become as the season progresses. We are not going to take a step back. We are moving forward and I believe will continue to do so until CMW achieves his objective.

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

LOL there's a 4 page thread on Rupp Rafters titled "Mackenzie Mgbako to Kansas on Friday" that was started Wednesday, and the first two pages are UK fans arguing about how their program compares to Kansas...then all of a sudden on page 3 it changes to "Oh...he picked IU. LOL at Kansas!!!" 

Let's steal Perry out of KY now.

27 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

When was the last time we beat out Kansas for a big time recruit like this? I know we’ve had some blockbuster battles with UK and UNC, especially under Crean, but seriously when was the last time we went toe to toe with Kansas or Duke and came out on top? 

Romeo. But that had the home state factor 

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Kansas wanted him and went all out too. This was a legit head to head with no hometown bias.  Woody and staff made him feel like family for real!  All the feels.  Happy for staff on a huge win! 

If we can go head to head with Kansas regularly and win 50% of the time... we'll know we are on our way to being a machine. 

The fact we got it done this offseason with Ware and Mgbako with room for one more impact player shows this staff is for real, for real. We may not all love the current landscape of the sport but its undeniably a leg up for us right now. At a critical moment in college basketball, we have a former NBA head coach and the big $ support to compete. The administration has been an open question but all signs are pointing upward, it seems, from what I've observed recently. 

The marketability/potential impact on personal brand at IU, is I think, way larger on a national scale than Kansas, in my kinda bias view

7 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I hope this recruitment will show people not to panic when something doesn't go our way early in the off season. For some when we lost out on Ledlum and Knecht the season was going to be a disaster. I also saw on another site a thread about Dingle and him committing to SJU. It was this morning and some posters were freaking out and saying we need to fire our assistants because they can't recruit. That really aged well about 9 hours later.

On another site I presume