Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

7 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Woohoo!  Woodson lands another big time recruit!!!

Currently our potential starting lineup:

XJ, Galloway, Mgbako, Reneau and Ware.  That is some size.  It would be nice to land a good shooter 

Grab the best 3 point shot in the portal and let's go.  

Just now, TeeterInNJ said:

I see it - I do... but it's really hard for me to root for someone to start over Galloway the way he hustles and makes smart plays. There are other players who can do more offensively sure, but I wouldn't mind a transfer CG playing more of a 6th man scoring fire power off the bench. But we'll see how it shakes out. 

Today's all about Mgbako! This is a glorious signing.

Can someone tell me how the hell you change your profile pic on here? I'm told the file needs to be egregiously small?

I like Galloway but his hustle is why I'd like him at 6th man, a spark off the bench.

Just now, Hovadipo said:

A bunch of Italian restaurants in the NYC metro area mysteriously closed their bathrooms for “renovations” when they heard that “Rick Pitino is bringing a high scoring Dingle to New York”. 

We know what Pitino is!  Da!

3 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

I see it - I do... but it's really hard for me to root for someone to start over Galloway the way he hustles and makes smart plays. There are other players who can do more offensively sure, but I wouldn't mind a transfer CG playing more of a 6th man scoring fire power off the bench. But we'll see how it shakes out. 

Today's all about Mgbako! This is a glorious signing.

Can someone tell me how the hell you change your profile pic on here? I'm told the file needs to be egregiously small?

Keep your profile pic. He's is going to be a FENOM !

8 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Woohoo!  Woodson lands another big time recruit!!!

Currently our potential starting lineup:

XJ, Galloway, Mgbako, Reneau and Ware.  That is some size.  It would be nice to land a good shooter 

Might even go as far as to say that IU should look for the best shooter they can get and not necessarily the best 2 guard.  Someone to spell Galloway.

Do wonder if Gunn or Banks would have entered the portal if MM had committed yesterday.  Still really love Banks' future and am not ready to call it quits on Gunn.

Just now, Josh said:

Kansas' fanbase is the most pompous group of people.  They seem to know nothing about basketball outside of their own team.  They're easily my most hated fanbase outside of the Big 10.  Eat it turds.

Let's not run it in too much, one said they'd drink milt so they're already being punished.

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Might even go as far as to say that IU should look for the best shooter they can get and not necessarily the best 2 guard.  Someone to spell Galloway.

Do wonder if Gunn or Banks would have entered the portal if MM had committed yesterday.  Still really love Banks' future and am not ready to call it quits on Gunn.

I like Banks and Gunn and think they could be good players, I wanted an impact wing so their production would be a bonus and we wouldn't be as reliant on them to fill a scoring hole.  I never thought that they couldn't improve.

Gunn's shooting has to improve though, 8% is ugly.

27 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

From what Trilly Donovan has said, right now Taylor to Ole Miss is quite possible.  Lawrence was mentioned as well and don't recall exactly what he said but it did sound like Vandy was trying to get enough NIL to keep him but that didn't look that good...seemed like someone down south was in heavy pursuit.

Lawrence, per Trilly, is likely Auburn but he wasn’t sure why the delay.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

He’s right, but this one’s different. An elite level kid who had his pick steps away from Duke and then blows off KU,  the 2 biggest programs in the country, to play for Mike Freaking Woodson. Don’t think for a minute that’s not raising eyebrows nationally. 

We got a damn good one. 

The interview posted from a few days ago for those who missed it, helps you get a feel for the kid and his family: 

7 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

We got a damn good one. 

The interview posted from a few days ago for those who missed it, helps you get a feel for the kid and his family: 

When I watched this, I had a strong feeling that IU was a better personality and family fit. Great find, Teeter.

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Currently have a very steady and hard nosed shooting guard and a high potential power forward as well.

Todays a great day for Reneau — Ware and Mgbako bring floor spacing, Trey and X some dribble drive action…Malik’s gonna have lots of space.