Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

4 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

Rabby just posted an announcement preview...

Do with that info what you want...

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

without having a subscription and based on your wording not looking good

Just now, jbeaman9 said:

Honestly, not sure what to think. Over the past few years I've been on there, these types of things usually mean expected good news. But I have no idea.

It’s a public article

2 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

Rabby just posted an announcement preview...

Do with that info what you want...

Rabby seems to be more out of the loop than normal this off season but he's also our closest contact.  

He often knows though.  A few notable misses, Ledlum recently and the Keion Brooks saga.  I kinda forget the Kaufmann Renn recruitment.  

Sometimes he knows but can't spoil it good or bad for "journalistic integrity"

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Rabby seems to be more out of the loop than normal this off season but he's also our closest contact.  

He often knows though.  A few notable misses, Ledlum recently and the Keion Brooks saga.  I kinda forget the Kaufmann Renn recruitment.  

He has stated multiple times that one of his "best friends" is Slater who is directly in the middle of the Mgbako family and this recruitment.

2 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

He has stated multiple times that one of his "best friends" is Slater who is directly in the middle of the Mgbako family and this recruitment.

I've detected a certain level of confidence in Indiana's media team over the past week.  I've been keeping that in the back of my mind all along.  I hope its the right read.  

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The Garlands led Rabby on to make him think Darius was coming to IU too.  

1 minute ago, Ngw7183 said:

X 100% would know if we were out. He has been directly speaking with him. He would not do this to IU fanbase if he felt bad on where things stand. He knows his tweets carry weight.

He probably knows the decision but at minimum this means we are not “out” like many feel it has been. 

agree.  He would be one of the last to lead us on

44 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Yeah, I don't believe that. Why would he fly out there on his own dime to tell them when a free phone call would do?

He might (probably will) pick Kansas but I don't believe that he's in Lawrence today. Why didn't the poster have a picture of it as proof?

Because they would be attacked for that

2 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

My friend who has followed Rabby feels it’s usually good news.

That is what I kind of thought too. I couldn't remember though

45 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Yeah, I don't believe that. Why would he fly out there on his own dime to tell them when a free phone call would do?

He might (probably will) pick Kansas but I don't believe that he's in Lawrence today. Why didn't the poster have a picture of it as proof?

I don't buy that Mgbako is in Lawrence right now but Hunter Dickinson just did this last week.  He met with Self in person to tell him he was coming to KU.  

1 minute ago, hoosiersoxfan said:

I don't buy that Mgbako is in Lawrence right now but Hunter Dickinson just did this last week.  He met with Self in person to tell him he was coming to KU.  

He didn’t meet with Self in a public venue before he announced.  He did it to finish his corny video.