Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm reasonably certain of the following:

• Kansas has the single best sales line; proven collegiate success of so many 6'6"-6'8" wings,
  • We have a real shot due to a clearly defined role, but only if coupled with him and his family just plain old liking our staff and his future IU teammates better,
  • No one has been told the decision, other than Slater and probably by late afternoon the respective staffs,
  • If it's not us, most of us will 'get it,' but we will have a few posters that will take over the board for about 24 hours to cry that all is hopeless and sad. The ones that 'get it' will find it so offensive that 'IU fans' don't 'get it', but it will only be a few loud, venting, usual suspects that feel that say all is lost,
  • AND FINALLY...That sadness will last only until we get a glimmer that a different very high-end wing is a viable option, because it's almost guaranteed that will happen too.

So there.

this ^^^^^^

I’ll simply point this out for future reference.  We have talked about everything from pot, to ketchup, to chick fil a.   We’ve talked about team success, coaches, playing time, roles and NIL.  Instagrams, Twitter and even MySpace.  Not once did facilities and cheerleader uniforms come up.  

Just now, Golfman25 said:

I’ll simply point this out for future reference.  We have talked about everything from pot, to ketchup, to chick fil a.   We’ve talked about team success, coaches, playing time, roles and NIL.  Not once did facilities and cheerleader uniforms come up.  

the weather when it's sunny, in the 80s strolling through IUs campus is enough to offset the cheerleader uni discussion

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

I’ll simply point this out for future reference.  We have talked about everything from pot, to ketchup, to chick fil a.   We’ve talked about team success, coaches, playing time, roles and NIL.  Instagrams, Twitter and even MySpace.  Not once did facilities and cheerleader uniforms come up.  

If only IU didn't have drop tile ceilings.

10 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Go watch Assembly Call from last night. Ryan on there talking about how our facilities are so much behind what KU yas.  He even said people inside the athletic notice saw that first hand when we played at KU.

23 hours ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

Funny incident happened last night. I was in the Chick-Fil-A drive through next to Kenya Hunter. His window was down and he was talking to someone on the phone (probably Woody or an other assistant). I only caught one part but he said something along the lines of "If we don't land MacKenzie, we need to go all out for him." Sounds like the staff believes we still have a legit shot at landing MacKenzie. Also, sounds like we have a 2nd option in mind if he falls through. I imagine it might be Julian Phillips from Tennessee? 

If this does end up this way......I sure hope Dingle wasn't the guy Hunter was wanting to go all in for!

Way I feel about this recruitment...sometimes I feel the staff could have done more. In this case, I really think they went all out and did all they could. I do love that players/former players are getting involved. Really tells you about the culture Woodson is building. I think our team as of now is better than some give it credit for but it requires players to really develop over the summer. Would be nice to land someone like MM. I feel good about their chances. Even if he told the Kansas staff he was coming we know how that's worked out for us in the past (Clowney and Ledlum).