Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

Just now, TeeterInNJ said:

KU Twitter still feels very confident. Screenshot of a discord chat where at 9:30 they said he'd announce at this time. 2 hours ahead of when Osterman tweeted it. Doesn't mean anything definitively though

Eric just said peegs or slater don’t know still so. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I feel like the timeline of information traveling is tough to account for and also not worth reading too far into. Maybe I'm wrong about that. But FWIW, apparently someone charges $70 for VIP access to that discord. So I think it's someone fairly connected. That they had the decision time before Osterman wouldn't be totally shocking. Doesn't mean they also know the decision already/that's it's KU. Necessarily.

We will find out soon enough. 

I have the feeling we are getting punked in this recruitment.

Staff must have a plan A through E so I wonder what steps we’ve taken just in case. Recruiting isn’t easy and a player giving silence at a critical time of roster building is less than ideal.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I expect Kansas. No inside info, I just am not that optimistic about IU's recruiting against schools like Kansas, Duke, and UK. Hell, UT just beat us out for 2 recruits. Less disappointment expecting Kansas but that much happier if it's IU.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I have the feeling we are getting punked in this recruitment.

Staff must have a plan A through E so I wonder what steps we’ve taken just in case. Recruiting isn’t easy and a player giving silence at a critical time of roster building is less than ideal.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

We know they have reached out to others while waiting. 

In terms of the silence, he just finished visiting IU on Sunday.....and was scheduled to visit Louisville starting tomorrow.  Getting a decision tomorrow is definitely quicker than it could have been.

6 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

We know they have reached out to others while waiting. 

In terms of the silence, he just finished visiting IU on Sunday.....and was scheduled to visit Louisville starting tomorrow.  Getting a decision tomorrow is definitely quicker than it could have been.

I see what you did there!

2 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

If he chooses IU , some on thus board will declare us B1G champs and Final Four contenders. If he chooses KU, some will declare the season over and look for the nearest cliff.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

When he chooses KU I'll say we'd better back up the Brinks truck for Phillips and Dingle or this team will go into next season with serious holes.

Guys…Bill Self did this while under investigation and didn’t get touched… Id love to be wrong but I wrote this one off when I heard it was down to us and Kansas. These kids are looking to get paid and I have a hard time believing we beat Kansas at their own game. 

89B76712-34C6-426B-BDE7-5F78FBD755B6.png

5 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

Part of the issue with that plan is you can’t just give MMs money to them when I am sure a lot of us was from Adidas and equal to Kansas. We could give the excess 

I still think it is IU. Really do. 

They have to figure out someway to start closing.  This roster still has glaring holes and so far the staff has failed miserably to address them and looks like options that are actually desirable are getting low.

The closer we get the more firmly I believe it's Kansas.  I'd gladly be wrong though.