Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

1 minute ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

So when does a recruit typically let the coaches know where they are going? Do the coaches find out the same time as everyone else? Does the recruit call the coaches immediately before the announcement or do they let them know sooner? Does the winning coach find out sooner than the losing coach? I am just trying to figure out if no news is good news at this point.

Just totally depends on the player, up to and including occasionally a staff learning via the public announcement, though that’s rare.

3 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

So when does a recruit typically let the coaches know where they are going? Do the coaches find out the same time as everyone else? Does the recruit call the coaches immediately before the announcement or do they let them know sooner? Does the winning coach find out sooner than the losing coach? I am just trying to figure out if no news is good news at this point.

Most recruits call a member of the staff and let them know before their announcement but on a rare occasion, everyone finds out at the announcement. 

6 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

Ideally after Kenya finished his...well...hey @IGotMeAWoody what did Kenya order?

Just now, Chris007 said:

Seems like a spicy chicken type of guy

That is what I ordered. I'd love to enjoy a spicy chicken sandwich with him. Bruiser Flint used to be a regular at the restaurant I worked at. He would order a chicken salad. I like the guy who gets a fried spicy chicken sandwich!

Just now, Chris007 said:

Most recruits call a member of the staff and let them know before their announcement but on a rare occasion, everyone finds out at the announcement. 

It was posted somewhere yesterday evening that Coach Woodson was asked if he had been contacted yet on a decision and he answered "No". I imediatley wondered how honest that response was. I imagine even if he did know, he would still say No. 

Just now, IGotMeAWoody said:

That is what I ordered. I'd love to enjoy a spicy chicken sandwich with him. Bruiser Flint used to be a regular at the restaurant I worked at. He would order a chicken salad. I like the guy who gets a fried spicy chicken sandwich!

Did your place serve wine? If so I'm sure Bruiser was having a glass of red. 

1 minute ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

He was out of earshot when he placed his order, but Kenya gives me a the vibe he's a grilled chicken sandwich guy

Going to Chick-fil-a and ordering a grilled chicken sandwich is like punching an angel in the face. I truly hope he is not a grilled chicken sandwich guy. It sound like we need to get Kenya out to New Castle for some beer and steak sandwiches.

42 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

Funny incident happened last night. I was in the Chick-Fil-A drive through next to Kenya Hunter. His window was down and he was talking to someone on the phone (probably Woody or an other assistant). I only caught one part but he said something along the lines of "If we don't land MacKenzie, we need to go all out for him." Sounds like the staff believes we still have a legit shot at landing MacKenzie. Also, sounds like we have a 2nd option in mind if he falls through. I imagine it might be Julian Phillips from Tennessee? 

Great info.  It also sounds like there is some doubt they will get MM.  I hope whoever the next guy is our going all out is able to land them. Wish he had said, it is good we got MM now we need to go all out on the next guy too.

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Did your place serve wine? If so I'm sure Bruiser was having a glass of red. 

They do serve wine, but Bruiser would come in during lunch and use his IU credit card so he did not order any alcohol. 

9 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Great info.  It also sounds like there is some doubt they will get MM.  I hope whoever the next guy is our going all out is able to land them. Wish he had said, it is good we got MM now we need to go all out on the next guy too.

I feel more comfortable saying "we're still in it and have a chance, but make sure to have our next choice on speed dial!" We not done!

Just now, jbeaman9 said:

Mgbako now follows JHS back on Instagram...

please don't laugh at me because this is the ONLY social media I use. I don't do twitter, IG, Snap Chat or even Facebook. Anyway, this following back and forth on IG sounds good and encouraging, but it also happened with Ledlum too. I will say the "following JHS" thing does peak my interest.