Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

2 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

I have no sources.  What I do know is that Louisville was supposedly the favorite.  He visits Kansas, despite a bunch of commit and cancel IU trip rumors, neither happens.  He goes to IU, the Louisville trip gets cancelled, officially announces its down to IU and Kansas. Let’s IU do a somewhat cheesy video with him and CMW, that isn’t cheesy if he commits to IU.  Add in guaranteed playing time and if these Kansas crystal ballers are picking on gut instinct, I think their gut is wrong.  Using common sense and the timeline facts I’m not sure how anyone can draw any other conclusion?

Could it also be that when at IU he got a sense of where our NIL $ would be and let Kansas know a number he needs to be at to beat that?  Kansas comes up with their number and he then cancels UL trip?  Maybe our playing time and NIL are obviously better but maybe more NIL and less time at Kansas is a better all-around package.  

After all, we were passing the hat around to get more $.  Kansas could have done the same and the time it took allowed for an IU visit but did not warrant a need to go to UL

Kansas big Ernest Udeh Jr is transferring.  I take this as bad news on the MM front.  Kansas big Ernest Udeh Jr is transferring(he plays center)
Call me the craziest person ever but if kansas is telling kids mm is coming then it should be leaking out shortly

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Seems to me as if whenever we don't know which way a kid is leaning, we don't get him. 

The kids we get -- we pretty much know they're coming before they announce. 

I’d challenge that….there’s been quite a few that we were told we were getting and didn’t.

6 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Could it also be that when at IU he got a sense of where our NIL $ would be and let Kansas know a number he needs to be at to beat that?  Kansas comes up with their number and he then cancels UL trip?  Maybe our playing time and NIL are obviously better but maybe more NIL and less time at Kansas is a better all-around package.  

After all, we were passing the hat around to get more $.  Kansas could have done the same and the time it took allowed for an IU visit but did not warrant a need to go to UL

Could be, but doesn’t change the other facts.

5 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

The 247 Kansas insider (Rabby for Kansas) just posted 40 minutes ago that he fully expects Udeh to return to Kansas next season. The staff and Udeh's family have been talking and the staff's expectation would be that he returned.

Weird....didn't think insider predictions could be wrong...

Yeah their insider totally just ruined his rep lol

2 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

I’d challenge that….there’s been quite a few that we were told we were getting and didn’t.

Never said there were kids we were told we were getting and didn't.

Just said that it seems the kids we do get -- we have a pretty solid idea they're coming. The ones that are wavering -- we don't seem to get. 

2 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

Funny incident happened last night. I was in the Chick-Fil-A drive through next to Kenya Hunter. His window was down and he was talking to someone on the phone (probably Woody or an other assistant). I only caught one part but he said something along the lines of "If we don't land MacKenzie, we need to go all out for him." Sounds like the staff believes we still have a legit shot at landing MacKenzie. Also, sounds like we have a 2nd option in mind if he falls through. I imagine it might be Julian Phillips from Tennessee? 

....talk about being at right place at the right time! If that's legit, that's a pretty nice scoop there chief! It would have been nice to see a photo of him through your car window. lol

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

This is hilarious - genuinely, I'm not at all doubting this happened.

I freaking love this board.

I don't know how I keep running into the staff when these kind of things are happening.  I ran into the entire staff at Malibu when they were in town for Malik's official. Saw Malik but didn't recognize him. We didn't even know he was in town till JHS posted an insta video of them walking down Indiana Ave later that day.

Just now, Artie86 said:

....talk about being at right place at the right time! If that's legit, that's a pretty nice scoop there chief! It would have been nice to see a photo of him through your car window. lol

Hunter drives a bad @$$ new GMC Denali in a crimson red. When I saw that color and I immediately knew it was someone associated with IU athletics. Then when we pulled up right next to him, I sneaked a peek and it was definitely him. 

2 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

Hunter drives a bad @$$ new GMC Denali in a crimson red. When I saw that color and I immediately knew it was someone associated with IU athletics. Then when we pulled up right next to him, I sneaked a peek and it was definitely him. 

Saweeet!

15 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

Funny incident happened last night. I was in the Chick-Fil-A drive through next to Kenya Hunter. His window was down and he was talking to someone on the phone (probably Woody or an other assistant). I only caught one part but he said something along the lines of "If we don't land MacKenzie, we need to go all out for him." Sounds like the staff believes we still have a legit shot at landing MacKenzie. Also, sounds like we have a 2nd option in mind if he falls through. I imagine it might be Julian Phillips from Tennessee? 

It's nice having a high-energy recruiter who actually has a plan, after 9 years of having a high-energy recruiter with no plan, and 4 years of a low-energy recruiter. 

11 minutes ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

I believe it's still the case but Tom Martin owns all the community dealerships in Bloomington and is a good friend of Woody. He gives all of them a car to drive. Hunter's wife drives a sweet Mercedes convertible. Kenya has always driven the Denali but it used to be black. Same with Dolson and Ya. Woody drives a white ford. Not sure about Walsh though. 

So when does a recruit typically let the coaches know where they are going? Do the coaches find out the same time as everyone else? Does the recruit call the coaches immediately before the announcement or do they let them know sooner? Does the winning coach find out sooner than the losing coach? I am just trying to figure out if no news is good news at this point.

We had Bedrak at 930 on peegs last year for Malik, do we get Chik-fil-a for Mack this year love this fan base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk