Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

11 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

We still have Kaleb Banks, who is very promising.

We needed a good portal season and improvement from returning players.  We've gotten a center with potential and have to hope returning players make big jumps.

Landing on “everyone’s still guessing.” Not gonna sweat the CBs etc. until we get some indication otherwise. 

And I get why they’re guessing KU, though I think even without crimson-colored glasses, IU makes tons of sense.

16 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

90% of the people worrying about his pick had to google who he was when they saw his name.  Lol honestly never heard of the guy until today 

I had to go to Twitter and search for him. He started the IU beat on April 11th

Just now, dwtaylor1055 said:

My theory is that @Chris007 has not changed his tone and said we are firmly in it, until he chimes in that its unlikely or a wrath of CBs come in on Friday i will tone out the noise

We are firmly in it and I don't think anyone knows right now where he is going, including Mgbako himself. I think he has some ideas but nothing firm yet. Just my opinion though

36 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

What good wings are left in the transfer portal?  There were some solid guards left, we're in trouble if we have to rely on the likes of Walker.

We have Gunn, Banks, Leal, Newton... Not a lot but if Xavier Johnson has a great year, Reneau steps up and Ware plays to his potential, those 2-3 positions will be fine as role players on a team that'll fight for an NCAA bid.

Also I understand some are more in-the-know with these recruitments but watching from afar, it is damn hard to convince myself he is not Indiana bound.

Recruitment has been kept under wraps completely by him, his family, and Slater. Takes three visits, the last being Indiana and cancels the remaining one two days after leaving Bloomington. Was thoroughly photographed with his entire family (Dad included!) and Woody at IU. Staff was smart enough to recognize his playing career with the Nigerian nat'l team and honored the family with a flag. Decommits from Duke because Filipowski and company stay in school and there's a logjam for shots and minutes. Dickinson commits to KU along with Timberlake to join their already loaded roster where guys are competing for shots and minutes against other former five stars. Indiana has a MASSIVE need for a 3 who can shoot it and @Chris007 even stated that he's never heard Woody want a player more. 

He's gotta be ours, somebody play devils advocate to me on this. 

6 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

Also I understand some are more in-the-know with these recruitments but watching from afar, it is damn hard to convince myself he is not Indiana bound.

Recruitment has been kept under wraps completely by him, his family, and Slater. Takes three visits, the last being Indiana and cancels the remaining one two days after leaving Bloomington. Was thoroughly photographed with his entire family (Dad included!) and Woody at IU. Staff was smart enough to recognize his playing career with the Nigerian nat'l team and honored the family with a flag. Decommits from Duke because Filipowski and company stay in school and there's a logjam for shots and minutes. Dickinson commits to KU along with Timberlake to join their already loaded roster where guys are competing for shots and minutes against other former five stars. Indiana has a MASSIVE need for a 3 who can shoot it and @Chris007 even stated that he's never heard Woody want a player more. 

He's gotta be ours, somebody play devils advocate to me on this. 

and Art Morris

8 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

I don't think you dug deep enough into this rabbit hole. He is announcing 5/12/23. 5+12+23=40. IU won their first national championship in '40 and who did they beat? The Kansas Jayhawks!

Galaxy brain: activated!