Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

I don't believe NIL was intended to be what it has turned into. To me, there wasn't supposed to be any guarantees play for teams, bu the players could endorse products, receive compensation for their likeness being used, etc. At least that was my understanding. I don't like the way it is now, but I am perfectly fine with how I understood it to be. Having said that, it is legal to do what is happening now, so the game should be played that way.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

What is bad about getting so enthralled with recruiting is that we forget that we already have 11 players who said yes to IU. There are 11 guys who have represented IU in a fine manner and should be proud of them. We get to caught up in who.says no to IU over who says yes.

Some people can get caught in that but not everyone.   I can only speak for myself and I’m sure I’m in the minority but I don’t get caught up in whether a kid comes or goes.  I follow recruiting nationally and not just IU as much as anyone.  Either he goes to IU or doesn’t that’s it those are the 2 choices.   I’m going to watch him play all year regardless of where he goes.   Of course I would rather that be for IU but if it’s not someone else will fill the spot 

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Kansas behavior since the visit indicates he is theirs.  But apparently our staff feels good too.  As we did for Ledlum.  I can see tea leave signs that point either direction.  My strong lean is its going to be kansas but i can see see it being us.  

Haven't given up hope yet.  

Shouldn’t Kansas behavior be that for any recruit?    They are the top of the food chain as far as basketball programs goes in recent years.   I would be somewhat surprised if their behavior was anything but total confidence 

20 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

This theory may be spot on. Could explain canceled visit if MM camp found UL leaked info. If that is the case then us getting last visit holds less water.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

My pretzel logic ferreting amalgamation bifurcation system is just now about to reach the red zone.  Danger, danger!!  Almost everyone is overthinking this recruiting.  I think.

Occam's razor clearly gives us the answer.  Just look at the pictures released by the Jayhockers and the Hoosiers.  Woody and M&M are glowing up as fam.

In the enhanced photos from the blue side, no one is wanting to be seen there. 

Every single marketing professional knows that the last interview closes successfully the preponderance of the time.

The recruiting world has tilted to IU and our coaches.  Take it to the bank of the Jordan River in Dunn Meadow.

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Shouldn’t Kansas behavior be that for any recruit?    They are the top of the food chain as far as basketball programs goes in recent years.   I would be somewhat surprised if their behavior was anything but total confidence 

Yes it should and yes it is.  That's why if its a Target A for them its hard to be confident.  

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

This is how you can tell we haven't been on the same level as Kansas, UK, Duke, etc. for the past couple decades. Our fanbase gets freaked out by recruitments of this magnitude because we aren't used to it. It's a huge deal for us if we land a 5 star recruit. The traditional bluebloods are getting 3-4 of these guys every year. 

10 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Some people can get caught in that but not everyone.   I can only speak for myself and I’m sure I’m in the minority but I don’t get caught up in whether a kid comes or goes.  I follow recruiting nationally and not just IU as much as anyone.  Either he goes to IU or doesn’t that’s it those are the 2 choices.   I’m going to watch him play all year regardless of where he goes.   Of course I would rather that be for IU but if it’s not someone else will fill the spot 

Agreed

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

The bigger question is, has their been a silent verbal to one or both of the staffs to increase the confidence level.  It doesn't seem like Indiana got one but the family wants things quiet and the staffs generally seem to be fulfilling those wishes.  Is HDick trolling or is his tweet come with the confidence for foreknowledge?  I guess we find out Friday unless there is a leak.

My thing is, If its not us, we need to know and be recruiting next targets as the transfer portal closes tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

Pretty much every professional sports organization realized that unfettered free agency wouldn't be financially viable long term.  Thus, we have salary caps, luxury taxes, rookie scales, etc.  NCAA will eventually need to come around and allow a certain pool of money be divided up among 13 (or 85 for football, etc.) players.  NIL would still be a thing, but it will have to be "legit" meaning a real business deal, not some fabrication by the boosters.  But I digress -- as the waiting is the hardest part.  TP. 

Yeah. It’s not the actual aspect of players getting paid that I care about. It’s the chaos caused by the combo of the transfer portal and unregulated NIL money. A cap on the amount a player can make should be instituted. They have a cap in the NBA. Of course, there isn’t a cap on endorsement money and an argument could be made that that’s what NIL is, but let’s be real on that. This is just teams funneling money to players via sponsors and donors. It’s a de facto contract from a school to a recruit, so institute a cap like in the NBA. Of course, that wouldn’t work in the NCAA because schools would just go back to doing it under the table, but I digress.

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The bigger question is, has their been a silent verbal to one or both of the staffs to increase the confidence level.  It doesn't seem like Indiana got one but the family wants things quiet and the staffs generally seem to be fulfilling those wishes.  Is HDick trolling or is his tweet come with the confidence for foreknowledge?  I guess we find out Friday unless there is a leak.

My thing is, If its not us, we need to know and be recruiting next targets as the transfer portal closes tomorrow.  

Coaches get silent verbals all the time from kids on visits not sure how many actually pan out.   It would be curious to see how many kids have told IU they were committing and then went elsewhere.  I can think of a couple that where obvious 

Dickinson looks to be a college kid having fun with social media.   I don’t pay attention but some do.  I would guess IU’s players have stuff on their accounts that is related to this recruitment