Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

3 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I mean listen, if anyone wants to read dubious tea leaves, he follows three guys on IG who’ll be on the ‘23-‘24 Hoosiers. Best I can tell, he only follows one corresponding Jayhawk.

How did we ever get through recruiting season back in ye olden days without Twitter and IG follows not to mention tracking flights?   lol

6 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Exactly. Don’t believe the rumors unless it comes from Slater

I'd 100% agree with this except the 2 major rumors (visits to 4 schools & cancelling UL visit) were reported first by others (Zagoria & Louisville radio host). So someone is leaking info and my best guess would be UL staff. Since they are out of the picture, I think it's safer to say only believe Slater now.

49 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

NIL kinda sucks. College basketball will never be the same. It’s whatever because it’s a net gain for IU, but I still don’t like it. There are so many players in college football that NIL doesn’t have the same perception to me, even though I know the top guys there are getting millions too. 

Pretty much every professional sports organization realized that unfettered free agency wouldn't be financially viable long term.  Thus, we have salary caps, luxury taxes, rookie scales, etc.  NCAA will eventually need to come around and allow a certain pool of money be divided up among 13 (or 85 for football, etc.) players.  NIL would still be a thing, but it will have to be "legit" meaning a real business deal, not some fabrication by the boosters.  But I digress -- as the waiting is the hardest part.  TP. 

I don’t know which way it goes but sometimes it’s better to be not chosen a couple days before and then when news gets out everyone switches to the correct school. We’ve been on both sides of that. 

Short turnaround to decision after cancelling the last visit and IU still being the most recent...my gut....

Kansas

I say this for two reasons. 1. Its how nearly all of these high profile recruitments end up for us, especially against the big dogs. 2. I love reverse psychoology 

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Trail blazers logo=red, basketball=red, e on door=red, nike=red. Oh man

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

That settles it where do I sign up to be a crystal baller