Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

FWIW, here is what I have MM projected's stats being using comps from the 2022 recruits.  Compared him to the five most similar (not exactly similar obviously) in terms of size, position and rating.  Players I compared him to:  

• Whitehead, Duke
  • Jackson, South Carolina
  • Mitchell, Texas
  • Walker, Houston
  • Mitchell, Duke

The average totals for the five were 25 minutes/game, 8.2 shots, 44.3% shooting, 2.6 three point shots per game, 36% from three, 2.2 ft, 68.1% ft, 4.7 rebounds, 0.6 blocks, 0.8 steals, 1.4 turnovers, 9.7 points.  Using Torvik's projection of 30.8 minutes per game, that would have him averaging:

10 shots per game (44.3% fg), 3.2 three point shots per game (36%), 2.7 ft (68% from the line), 5.8 rebounds, 1.3 assists, 1 steal, 1.1 blocks, 1.8 turnovers, 11.9 points.

As a team, I have IU three points better with MM than without.

1 minute ago, normandale97 said:

So, I’ve said this before and people did not want to believe it. The main thing that put IU over the top with Ware was the NIL. Ware was working with the same people as JHS…and JHS was able to confirm that IU delivered what was promised in terms of $. There are plenty of kids getting promised a certain amount and they are not receiving it. Our NIL game is on point for basketball. 

Out NIL is on point.  Obviously so is Kansas'.

7 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

.....and we should feel sorry for you ONLY getting less than 6 figures? Where is the pride in just playing for your college team and coach? That ship has sailed for a lot of these players. It's a shame that it has become money war.

Pride and loyalty only go so far. I’ve left jobs for more money…as many on this board have. These players are making millions for the university. Do I love NIL and the transfer portal? No I don’t…but the players deserve to get paid. 

3 minutes ago, normandale97 said:

So, I’ve said this before and people did not want to believe it. The main thing that put IU over the top with Ware was the NIL. Ware was working with the same people as JHS…and JHS was able to confirm that IU delivered what was promised in terms of $. There are plenty of kids getting promised a certain amount and they are not receiving it. Our NIL game is on point for basketball. 

Counterfeit-reality GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

10 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

.....and we should feel sorry for you ONLY getting less than 6 figures? Where is the pride in just playing for your college team and coach? That ship has sailed for a lot of these players. It's a shame that it has become money war.

Adapt and adopt or fall behind.  And even prior to NIL I would have told my kid to go where he could get minutes, not for 'pride for playing for your college team'.

9 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

-Apparently Mgbake’s mom gave their hand away on an Instagram post which she quickly deleted but not before many seen it. 

Yeah, I'm gonna say 0% chance that actually happened. 

And no way they shared anything worthwhile with Hunter Dickinson but have continued to sit on it for this long. 

Just now, TheWatShot said:

And no way they shared anything worthwhile with Hunter Dickinson but have continued to sit on it for this long. 

...yeah, I have a hard time believing mom would make that big of a mistake. 

Right there with ya. Mom didn't do that and HD knows as much as the rest of us. They are not going to be this tight about things this long to let a 21 year old giant bag of ****** leak things. I'd say Slater either knows or will be 1st to know and that's really about it. He'll likely be told before the coaches.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Here’s latest from Trilly. Could be pertinent, especially with what @Chris007 said 

That has to hurt Michigan's recruiting going forward. If they can't even get their All-American player paid, how could they get others paid?

I also saw a headline that a Big East player was promised $100k and only received $4k.

Just now, Ngw7183 said:

Man… you guys really misread things. Haha

i don’t give any crap about respect at all. Just seems like I am trying to help the conversation with some facts, information, things I read, things I know personally and gets glossed over. I see some things repeated as almost message board lore and gets glossed over is all. Read it, don’t, whatever. Was just saying this is a known thing that these NIL stories are just that. 

What is your feeling on a recruit picking a school that they visited second to last vs their last visit after canceling their final scheduled visit? 

40 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

Do you do your job for well below market value?  Why should he?