Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

1 minute ago, Hoosier2014 said:

Only thing I don't really like is the Tweeter activity of Nick Timberlake and Dickinson. Everything else seems to blow IUs direction. Oh well, we will find out soon enough.

If it happens and based on the late transfer portal entries from Kansas I kinda expect it, they will have 2-3 guys coming off the bench that would start at pretty much any school.  

This recruitment is so hard bc every single tidbit has been told to ignore but some actually were true, like Rabby saying they were going to cancel Louisville. The IU visit was not immediately on the heels of the KU visit. They could’ve canceled after still stating they were going to take it. I’m ready to be let down but I’m still feeling a little optimistic here. 

14 minutes ago, Hoosier2014 said:

Only thing I don't really like is the Tweeter activity of Nick Timberlake and Dickinson. Everything else seems to blow IUs direction. Oh well, we will find out soon enough.

Timberlake's only twitter activity was a retweet of Dickinson's.

25 minutes ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Maybe these so called experts are thinking that there’s no way that he would choose Indiana over Kansas. 

It's probably the smart choice for them especially if they don't have solid information.  Kansas has money and a recent history of winning; IU has money and hasn't won with any consistency since before these kids were born.

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I’m beyond caring about likes.  That gets into silly season IMO.

I don't disagree and only went to check because I saw a tweet talking about it lmao. Who knows they both could be trolling but the 3 tweets in a row that he liked doesn't look great. 

15 hours ago, ib4iu said:

I said they haven’t had bad careers. If you can hang around the NBA for a decade you’re going to end up making close to 100 million. Nothing to sniff at. Again I’m saying to myself help me reach Melo not Wiggins. Maybe that’s just me. 

The Carmelo Anthony stuff is a little disingenuous. He was in Denver for 8 seasons before going to the Knicks and was already an NBA superstar. That had nothing to do with Woodson. 

Just now, normandale97 said:

The Carmelo Anthony stuff is a little disingenuous. He was in Denver for 8 seasons before going to the Knicks and was already an NBA superstar. That had nothing to do with Woodson. 

That's about as glass half-empty of a statement that could ever be made about Woodson. He's a mentor to Melo. Go back to the Kansas board! Haha.

2 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

KU board poster claims it's IU, yesterday, said the entire staff is following mom on social.  Who the heck knows at this point, let's all enjoy the rollercoaster ride before we get sick of all the ups and downs, lol.

I love the ride. Not much into the NBA (will watch the later half of playoffs) so this is good entertainment. Gives me something to do while "working".

7 minutes ago, normandale97 said:

My point is does Mike Woodson have more knowledge on how to motivate and knows what type of work ethic goes into becoming a Melo after spending 4 seasons with him or does Self know with 1 year of 18-19 year old Wiggins what it takes to become what Wiggins has reached?

Not to mention Mike had an 11 year career himself. If a player had the same exact NBA career that Mike had they’d probably make over 100 million in todays NBA. He KNOWS what it takes to train and make the NBA but also to have. SUSTAINABLE career. 

9 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

That's about as glass half-empty of a statement that could ever be made about Woodson. He's a mentor to Melo. Go back to the Kansas board! Haha.

I’m sorry you don’t like facts. Anthony is one of the youngest players ever to get an MVP vote. It’s not a knock on Woodson. It’s facts. 

3 minutes ago, lillurk said:

If the crystal ball/futurecast picks are the only smoke this morning, I wouldn’t worry to much just yet. He may well pick KU but unless it’s Slater, Mack himself, or a Trilly Donovan tip, I don’t know that it means much.

Here’s latest from Trilly. Could be pertinent, especially with what @Chris007 said 

2 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Here’s latest from Trilly. Could be pertinent, especially with what @Chris007 said 

.....and we should feel sorry for you ONLY getting less than 6 figures? Where is the pride in just playing for your college team and coach? That ship has sailed for a lot of these players. It's a shame that it has become money war.