Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

10 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Just the truth. NBA nowadays is weird. Hustle can get you pretty far. Look at the Miami Heat. Jimmy Butler, Gabe Vincent, Max Strus, Cody Martin, Duncan Robinson... Hell Steve Novak had a long career.

You're so right. I mean every time Kopp was on the floor, I thought to myself, self, his game really reminds me of Jimmy Butler's.

7 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

It’s Kansas. All the smoke is pointing in that direction. I made the mistake of trolling Twitter. What I’ve gathered:

-Hunter Dickinson radar post is obvious that they are close to landing him. He knows. 

-Kansas insiders say that he wanted to commit to Kansas on the spot during his visit but his people and the agency wanted to push for more visits. They still pushed for the Louisville visit (which lines up with what our insiders said). He still wants Kansas according to their insiders.

-Playing time is not an issue for him bc Kansas sold him that he would replace Jalen Wilson. 

-Apparently Mgbake’s mom gave their hand away on an Instagram post which she quickly deleted but not before many seen it. 

oh and they think it’s going to be announced by Thursday. 

don’t jump off the ledge folks. 

It would be amazing for this all to be wrong and for him to choose our Hoosiers. 

This is the reason I think it's IU. Because Kansas is making all the smoke that tells me they don't know anything. This recruitment has been so secretive. 

1 minute ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Stuhoo, I chuckle each time I see your new avatar.  Not only because of how it got posted on this site.  But also in comparison between the body language of Larry Bird and Coach Knight vs MM and Coach Woody in their most recent photo ops...and the surround video.

I love the photo. It seems as though it oughta be a photo shopped picture… but it’s real.

An Indiana University committed 17 year old Larry Bird with his 33 year old bad @$$ new coach. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

We're giving you the BTB NIL deal. It doesn't have a lot of money with it, but it's the gift that keeps on giving all year long. 

The gift that keeps on giving?!  Oh my!

Reminds me of my Navy days.  Our submarine put into a bunch of ports on the Atlantic coast.  Then we went to Puerto Rico...  

One guy really shouldn't have put into that port.

38 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think some calls were being made to get some more money guaranteed.  

I wonder if we have to overpay to beat Kansas or if Kansas can sign all their talent and still outbid us. If it is the latter, IU* needs to reevaluate how we handle NLI.  

*I understand it’s not technically the school, but at this point I’m not sure how you untangle the two practically. 

13 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I wonder if we have to overpay to beat Kansas or if Kansas can sign all their talent and still outbid us. If it is the latter, IU* needs to reevaluate how we handle NLI.  

*I understand it’s not technically the school, but at this point I’m not sure how you untangle the two practically. 

It is the school. As you said, it is all tied together

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

But the ‘his mom accidentally gave it away and then quickly deleted the post’ is this generation’s ‘celebrity X had to get their stomach pumped because of the amount of’ myth.

Wait, you mean to say that Donnie Wahlberg having his stomach pumped due to too much man juice was a myth!? ;)