Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Just the truth. NBA nowadays is weird. Hustle can get you pretty far. Look at the Miami Heat. Jimmy Butler, Gabe Vincent, Max Strus, Cody Martin, Duncan Robinson... Hell Steve Novak had a long career.

Steve Novak was 6’10” and shot 46% from 3 on high volume way back before everyone went crazy from 3.  

Not comparable to Kopp. 

I haven’t read every post so excuse me if this was mentioned earlier but I think something that favors us is the fact we got the last official visit and Wat Shot is correct, if he decides this week or by the weekend, it favors us.  The longer he waits, he lets Kansas become the favorite 

This was a Hunter Dickinson tweet from earlier today.  If you take it seriously, it's him saying 'something good is on the radar' alluding to MM committing to Kansas.  Knowing Dickinson, could very well just be trolling.  Have to say that it would be a pretty big dick move to try to break the news that MM was committing.

11 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

This was a Hunter Dickinson tweet from earlier today.  If you take it seriously, it's him saying 'something good is on the radar' alluding to MM committing to Kansas.  Knowing Dickinson, could very well just be trolling.  Have to say that it would be a pretty big dick move to try to break the news that MM was committing.

Given his history with IU fans I wouldn't look into this too much. He's likely trolling.

It’s Kansas. All the smoke is pointing in that direction. I made the mistake of trolling Twitter. What I’ve gathered:

-Hunter Dickinson radar post is obvious that they are close to landing him. He knows. 

-Kansas insiders say that he wanted to commit to Kansas on the spot during his visit but his people and the agency wanted to push for more visits. They still pushed for the Louisville visit (which lines up with what our insiders said). He still wants Kansas according to their insiders.

-Playing time is not an issue for him bc Kansas sold him that he would replace Jalen Wilson. 

-Apparently Mgbake’s mom gave their hand away on an Instagram post which she quickly deleted but not before many seen it. 

oh and they think it’s going to be announced by Thursday. 

don’t jump off the ledge folks. 

It would be amazing for this all to be wrong and for him to choose our Hoosiers. 

Gut says Kanasas and brain says IU. Schedules 4 visits. Takes 1st no commitment and no cancelation. Takes 2nd and same thing. Takes 3rd to IU and after that visit he realizes how much he wanted to be at Kansas that he then cancels 4th visit?????? When I say it in my head it just sounds real stupid to me. But who knows? Not many

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I don’t know where the above ‘information’ is coming from, but if it Ngw is correct and is coming from Vernon, Ngw is correct in that he is the Kansas board job.  Any time someone posts something stupid on their board, someone asks if they are Vernon.

5 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

It’s Kansas. All the smoke is pointing in that direction. I made the mistake of trolling Twitter. What I’ve gathered:

-Hunter Dickinson radar post is obvious that they are close to landing him. He knows. 

-Kansas insiders say that he wanted to commit to Kansas on the spot during his visit but his people and the agency wanted to push for more visits. They still pushed for the Louisville visit (which lines up with what our insiders said). He still wants Kansas according to their insiders.

-Playing time is not an issue for him bc Kansas sold him that he would replace Jalen Wilson. 

-Apparently Mgbake’s mom gave their hand away on an Instagram post which she quickly deleted but not before many seen it. 

It would be amazing for this all to be wrong and for him to choose our Hoosiers. 

FWIW, their boards started saying he was committing to them on May 2nd.  

Does seem likely. Unless Indiana legitimately changed his mind.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

20 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Does seem likely. Unless Indiana legitimately changed his mind.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

He may very well have or will pick Kansas.  But the ‘his mom accidentally gave it away and then quickly deleted the post’ is this generation’s ‘celebrity X had to get their stomach pumped because of the amount of’ myth.

Ant Wright was asked and he said he thinks it will be Kansas.  But that wasn’t state as a definitive or actual knowledge.

18 hours ago, jbeaman9 said:

Absolutely love that show. Literally the only reason I have Apple TV subscription. Hope it never ends.

Im pretty sure they said season 3 is the last season. Although, I hope that just means Jason Sudeikis is stepping away so he can go back to starring in movies and they pivot to an “AFC Richmond” show with Roy Kent as HC.

As for Mgbako? I’m never confident going up against the powerhouse recruiting programs, but my excitement for next season will be right at the roof with his commitment. The excitement will burst through the roof if they land Mgbako and another solid guard.

10 hours ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

Been following you guys for years.  Been refreshing IU message boards 50 times a day since I was 8 years old, 32 now.  Had to join the party finally.  

No inside info but I feel good about this one, look at that smile in his pics compared to Kansas pics!

However, IU has been the bridesmaid and never the bride way too frequently lately huh.

Welcome aboard, but I suggest burning that joke strap in a very very hot fire. It has to really stink by now. I hope you don't eat cabbage with those sardines!

8 minutes ago, Joe_hoopsier said:

Welcome aboard, but I suggest burning that joke strap in a very very hot fire. It has to really stink by now. I hope you don't eat cabbage with those sardines!

lol!....."unintentional" "joke" strap? I could see it either way! lol