Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

12 minutes ago, ib4iu said:

I said they haven’t had bad careers. If you can hang around the NBA for a decade you’re going to end up making close to 100 million. Nothing to sniff at. Again I’m saying to myself help me reach Melo not Wiggins. Maybe that’s just me. 

Woody didn’t have anything to do with Melo becoming Melo, though. Of course, Self didn’t have much to do with Wiggins either as he came in top of his class and left after one year. Melo was a good individual player but he was selfish and had little team success in the league. Wiggins will end up making more nba money and he has a championship under his belt. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Was Wiggins going to be the a top 10 NBA pick if he never went to Kansas? Probably so, not sure Self did a lot for him. But I don’t follow it that closely.

He was billed as the next LeBron, so he would’ve needed an Emoni Bates level collapse to fall out of the top 10. I question how much college coaches really “do” with these 5 star, McDonald’s all American types to get them to the league. 

21 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He was billed as the next LeBron, so he would’ve needed an Emoni Bates level collapse to fall out of the top 10. I question how much college coaches really “do” with these 5 star, McDonald’s all American types to get them to the league. 

Yeah I realized that after posting it so I deleted it but you’re too fast.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Woody didn’t have anything to do with Melo becoming Melo, though. Of course, Self didn’t have much to do with Wiggins either as he came in top of his class and left after one year. Melo was a good individual player but he was selfish and had little team success in the league. Wiggins will end up making more nba money and he has a championship under his belt. 

Melo still screwed up leaving Denver... But that's a different discussion.

I don't think it is necessarily about whether or not how the one and dones have done... More about how the 3 and/or 4 position guys have succeeded in college under him which only help ones draft stock.

Grady Dick

Jalen Wilson

Christian Braun

Dedric Lawson

Svi Mykhailiuk

Josh Jackson

Andrew Wiggins

The Morris Twins

Woody in college has Kopp.

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Melo still screwed up leaving Denver... But that's a different discussion.

I don't think it is necessarily about whether or not how the one and dones have done... More about how the 3 and/or 4 position guys have succeeded in college under him which only help ones draft stock.

Grady Dick

Jalen Wilson

Christian Braun

Dedric Lawson

Svi Mykhailiuk

Josh Jackson

Andrew Wiggins

The Morris Twins

Woody in college has Kopp.

I’m sure bill self would have gotten Miller Kopp into the nba. /s

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I may have missed it but do we have any idea on final decision timeline 

I would guess they'd want to wrap it up as soon as possible. He'll be graduating in a few weeks and they'd probably like to have this done very soon. 

Gut feeling here, but based on my experiences following recruitment timelines over the years, I would say if he announces this week, that bodes well for us. If this drags into next week, it probably starts to favor Kansas. 

18 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I’m sure bill self would have gotten Miller Kopp into the nba. /s

Honestly Kopp could make it in today's NBA. I mean Duncan Robinson is still around. Honestly I think Woody kinda screwed Kopp by never playing him at the 4.

2 minutes ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

Been following you guys for years.  Been refreshing IU message boards 50 times a day since I was 8 years old, 32 now.  Had to join the party finally.  

No inside info but I feel good about this one, look at that smile in his pics compared to Kansas pics!

However, IU has been the bridesmaid and never the bride way too frequently lately huh.

Welcome to the board, we are glad to have you. We have what I believe to be the best active member group here at btownbanners. Stick around I think you’ll enjoy the conversations. Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

Been following you guys for years.  Been refreshing IU message boards 50 times a day since I was 8 years old, 32 now.  Had to join the party finally.  

No inside info but I feel good about this one, look at that smile in his pics compared to Kansas pics!

However, IU has been the bridesmaid and never the bride way too frequently lately huh.

One of the rules is you have to bring one 5 star recruit to stay. Choose any we are recruiting.  Welcome 

6 minutes ago, Sardinefarts1991 said:

Great 1st post. Welcome to the board.

Unless you have a sick fetish for Boilermaker athletic wear, I would respond to EVERY post I could (need 10 total) to get that nasty Purdue Jockstrap label off your account. #ProTip

18 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Honestly Kopp could make it in today's NBA. I mean Duncan Robinson is still around. Honestly I think Woody kinda screwed Kopp by never playing him at the 4.

Kopp got beaten badly enough on the boards at the 3.

Welcome. Love the name

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk