Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

10 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Man this has been a fun one. If he wants to develop as a wing we sure have the minutes. 

We’ll see, but that just seems like the differentiating factor. If he wants to be a 15-18 min rotation piece, KU serves the same purpose as Duke. At IU he’s gonna get  Langford/Trayce freshman minutes in a role that he wants for a team that has a chance to be very good. It just makes a ton of sense.

32 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

Do the math....I counted 6 smiles in the IU photos.... I counted 2.5 (Self's partial smile) in the Kansas photos. There it is! Go IU. lol

I think Self just had a mild case of gas.

22 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Olin Mills I believe. Man I'm old. 

I spent a significant part of my childhood in unnatural poses with silly backdrops at the Olan Mills on the East side of Indy. Why the library background Olan Mills, just why? 

1 minute ago, Scotty R said:

I think we should send around a plate for a money offering to seal the deal.

I guess my gut feeling about UL yesterday was just gas.

I think the first part is literally happening. Not just us fans but some boosters are passing it around. 

I'm trying to not let myself get too excited here...It makes logical sense to me to choose IU. Why decommit from Duke and choose another school where playing time will be about on par, with a likelihood you come off the bench. At IU, he starts day 1 and has a significant role and a chance to hear his name called early next year in the draft...but at the end of the day, Kansas and Self are enough alone to tilt the scale. 

I think he could see the same amount of playing time at both schools. Where I think IU has the advantage is the amount of shots and plays that would be called for him over Kansas. Self has had a lot of big men that he’s played through, and he may have his best one yet. Just guessing without looking at any numbers of prior season stats but seems like he could get twice as many play calls and shots at IU over Kansas.