Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

39 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The most likely scenario is that he actually has no real information. 

Haha not to go off topic but PeegsWatch on twitter is hilarious. Literally yesterday someone on their posted he wasn't going to the Louisville visit. Later in the day it was confirmed he was still going. I feel their product has gone waaaaay down hill. 

54 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Someone mentioning goats? I have a few for sell

I love goats almost as much as my sheep but not quite.

Clouds are beautiful too!

Sure hope we get this kid.

9 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Yes, and it sounds like both IU and Kansas still think they have a shot. I'll be honest I don't fully understand this whole recruitment. I got a text Saturday night that seemed like this visit couldn't have gone any better. The family and player loved Woody, we rolled out the red carpet and were told they were canceling the next visit. Then went home and talked it over with everyone, now taking the visit and their the favorite. 

Kid is getting screwed.  Sure, agency has the kid’s best interests in mind.  Right.   Hopefully parents step in and make some sense out of it.  

9 hours ago, Artie86 said:

sorry for the 20 questions, but what is helping Payne with these agent relationships more experience in NCAA coaching circles, younger age, etc.? Just curious.... I may have rose colored glasses on when looking at Woodson, I guess. I would think his vast NBA coaching and pro player relationships he has established is a great advantage for him. What do I know? lol

Agents talk chit.  Coaches coach.  Players play. 

9 hours ago, Artie86 said:

I definitely don't like how this is sounding. It sounds like the agent is trying to sway him to U of L. I would think After the Ledlum deal, Woodson and Co. will stay on top of this in every way possible......

Time for Woodson to have a former player to future player talk with the kid, regardless of where he may choose to go.  The swamp is full of gators waiting to get a piece of you.  

9 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Don't agree with some things you say but I agree with all of this. Especially the agent forcing the client's hand. Doesn't the agent work FOR the client? Doesn't add up.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Nope. Agent works for the agent.  

27 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Yes, I know this is some couch quarterbacking, reading between the lines etc. but I don’t think I was that far off on my initial read on this from the start. I said this on here before and kind of makes sense even more now. 

here is my read 

He was looking at Rutgers and St John’s pretty early after opening up. Then Louisville comes into picture which already made sense with the former assistant. I assume this was CAA through Payne. They got him an Adidas offer on the table etc. Then, something went wrong. Few people seem to know but wouldn’t say what. Trilly for sure knows because his whole “Louisville is a mess right now” was right when MM was supposed to pop for them. 

I assume there was conversations about what other options would he have if not them and to keep his Adidas offer. IU and Kansas get announced as visits (which his parents didn’t want out there) but they said all along he would take all 4. So Payne is not too worried and know they opened this up in the first place. 

He visits and likes them both a lot. Probably did say he was done or something. Payne gets word of this. Calls CAA and goes off. You told me this was my guy etc. now I am not even getting a visit. Agent calls and says you have to take that visit. 

So… people who think Louisville leads probably goes back to they for sure did a few weeks ago. The agent is involved and pushing for him “to go” i.e. visit Louisville to save the relationship etc. Adidas doesn’t care that much either way. 

So it could really be down to IU and Kansas (St John’s was out when Adidas was on the table and Nike isn’t sending big money to St John’s recruit) but the agent is making sure that Louisville visit happens. Maybe even fed him some agent lines like they could be big for your future. Payne is really connected yada yada. Had to convince him to go.  Hey, maybe he loves it. Maybe he feels ticked off that he is being forced to go now. Who knows but I could see how all these stories are getting confused if I am even close to what has happened. 

I still love IU’s chances here and have from day 1 against the visit list. 

Or maybe he is just taking all four visits that he said he was going to take.  Seems more logical than just guessing if something happened between Payne an a CAA who we don't even know the name of.

20 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Huh? What do you mean? CAA basketball is the agency? Payne for sure is connected there and for sure is using them to help. It would not just be one agent etc. 

There has to be a reason why some of these stories keep coming out and getting mixed up. Nobody knows anything - I agree with that. He said he would visit 4. Yep, said that many times myself on here. Doesn’t mean there isn’t a story to all of it.  

I think if said Indiana is a state you would somehow argue that I am wrong. 

I left the word ‘agent’ out after CAA.  

Suggesting that the likelihood a player is sticking to his plan to take all four trips is more likely than a hypothetical story  isn’t going out on a limb.  

42 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Huh? What do you mean? CAA basketball is the agency? Payne for sure is connected there and for sure is using them to help. It would not just be one agent etc. 

There has to be a reason why some of these stories keep coming out and getting mixed up. Nobody knows anything - I agree with that. He said he would visit 4. Yep, said that many times myself on here. Doesn’t mean there isn’t a story to all of it.  

I think if said Indiana is a state you would somehow argue that I am wrong. 

I think your theories are much closer to the reality of these types of situations…huge influencers with tremendous personal stakes on the line, big time $$$ from multiple interests, agents and future deal promises, coaching connections, etc. This has always happened — NIL just opened it up to let in $$$ from programs who tried to keep noses more clean…and in my view created at least the opportunity for a more level playing field. Kid was committed to Duke…and ALL that comes w/it…shoe money, agency, nba immediate exposure, family jobs, houses, the brotherhood forever, etc. The bar was set at the top from the get go…playing time scenario changed, but expectations on full market value were already set by THE industry leader (ok, arguably KY in the game, KU right there too). Now it’s a scramble to see where/who can best match all that, and also maybe feel like the right fit. We’re banking on the later, as we should against a commuter school and a desolate place in BFE Lawrence. Let’s hope we’ve got our ducks in a row on the former too…it matters…a lot!

I cancelled my peegs membership in large part because he was so annoying. He was the king of telling you almost nothing and then claiming after the fact that his almost nothing tidbit predicted it all along.
I quit Peegs when he started monetizing his forum and wanted Bloom, Gojko and myself to have weekly debates on the pros of firing Coach Knight. He's a snake.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

36 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

I quit Peegs when he started monetizing his forum and wanted Bloom, Gojko and myself to have weekly debates on the pros of firing Coach Knight. He's a snake.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

Back in the late 90's Gojko wanted to kill me. I stated it was time to move on from RMK and he didn't take that to kindly.