Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

2 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Did people think MM was gonna pop for us after the visit? We were told the family was gonna hold this one close and there would be 4 visits. What changed??? Seems to be going as planned.

I think people perceive momentum to be going against us because the UL trip was not cancelled, despite rumors yesterday. 

Maybe they were just rumors, maybe there was some truth behind it (i.e. did he say so on his visit to Bloomington?)

Just my own speculation, but given Kansas also felt great coming out of their visits, maybe MM is just excitable on these trips and says what he thinks people want to hear (not so uncommon - Calhoun said KD verballed to him on a visit for example). Could the agent be steering him toward UL? Maybe. Is it most likely MM's decision to make? I have to imagine. 

Of course, he may just take the guidance of his agent and that would be that (if he actually is steering toward UL, seems possible he is not and it was a misunderstanding). My hope is that with a week between visits, MM is less apt to make an on the spot decision. 

If he leaves UL without committing, I like our odds as much as anybody. We just have to wait and see. Lol 

19 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Recency bias. There are very few people that would trade our last 20 years for their last 20’years. 

So recruits go back to a time before they were born when looking at a team's success?  I don't think you understand recency bias.

FWIW, Jaylon Tyson just committed to California over Kansas.  While I'm not sure how MM fits into Kansas' lineup, he most definitely wouldn't have fit in if Tyson signed.

FWIW, Kansas is still recruiting Texas decommit Ron Holland (#1 recruit in the nation).  Hope our staff doesn't choose to stand put while waiting around for MM to make a decision.  Can't waste time not getting a foot in a door with some guys if the MM recruitment doesn't pan out.  Think they made that mistake already with Ledlum.

2 hours ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I’m by no means a fan of Dakich but on his radio show he would always reference “Southern Indiana guy” when people would call in with crazy takes.

I think we all know one of them and Peegs can be filled with those guys sometimes. Lol.

Sent from my Fisher-Price Flip Phone

Southern Indiana guys are KOOL! 

47 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

They hoisted a trophy 10 years ago. We haven’t made a final four in the life of any of our recruits. 

I'm not sure any recruits remember what happened when they were 7.  And if they google it, nobody won that title.  They certainly remember what's happened over the last few years though

Personally, I don’t get the allure of Louisville basketball right now. You could compare it to IU basketball after the first year under Crean where we had one returning walk-on (Kyle Taber I believe). At least Crean showed a semblance of coaching unlike Kenny Payne.

Getting multiple 5 stars after that debacle of a year is unfathomable and points to either unlimited money promised or very poor advice from so-called mentors/agents.

I get St. John's as close to home and a new high-profile (although sleazy) coach. I get KU since they are a top level program and likely competing for a NC next year. I get IU since, well you know. So choosing any of those is understandable. Louisville? They have nothing to offer. He's a good player and fills a real need for IU but If he goes there that is an indictment of him and I won't feel bad. 

Personally, I don’t get the allure of Louisville basketball right now. You could compare it to IU basketball after the first year under Crean where we had one returning walk-on (Kyle Taber I believe). At least Crean showed a semblance of coaching unlike Kenny Payne.

Getting multiple 5 stars after that debacle of a year is unfathomable and points to either unlimited money promised or very poor advice from so-called mentors/agents.

Or maybe the kids today are big into horses and love the Kentucky Derby lol

21 minutes ago, Josh said:

I'm not sure any recruits remember what happened when they were 7.  And if they google it, nobody won that title.  They certainly remember what's happened over the last few years though

I’m pretty sure a lot of these kids were watching basketball at 7. My six year old that’s afraid of contact sports already watches. I gotta think a fair amount of 7 year olds who like the sport enough to dedicate their youth to it decide to watch it. Or have parents that watched. And regardless the point is more that we haven’t been making adidas as much money as Louisville for years. We can’t be upset that they prioritize them over us. 

11 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

Rabjohns just updated everyone saying what everyone already knows. No one knows anything about what’s going on or who leads.

I’d say he’s either trying to damage control or shouldn’t have said what he said earlier.  Either way, it’s not a good look for him to try and dispel something that he seems to have said in the first place.

14 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I’d say he’s either trying to damage control or shouldn’t have said what he said earlier.  Either way, it’s not a good look for him to try and dispel something that he seems to have said in the first place.

Not that deep.   Just updated what he heard.    Then people telephone that to other places and by the time it gets elsewhere it becomes he says IU is out of it and it’s Louisville.   Lol.   Fun to watch it unfold every day 

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Not that deep.   Just updated what he heard.    Then people telephone that to other places and by the time it gets elsewhere it becomes he says IU is out of it and it’s Louisville.   Lol.   Fun to watch it unfold every day 

It’s why he needs to watch what he says in the first place.  You can’t control what people do with something you say but you can predict what will happen.  As Chris had mentioned earlier, Rabjohns isn’t in the loop with the current staff….have to say that this certainly would make that worse.

51 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

Rabjohns just updated everyone saying what everyone already knows. No one knows anything about what’s going on or who leads.

Yep. Saw his evening update. Says there’s people that think it’s squarely Indiana vs Kansas and another that think Louisville is in the lead. Nobody knows…and as reputable people have mentioned numerous times it’s to “not believe rumors you hear.”

16 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

It’s why he needs to watch what he says in the first place.  You can’t control what people do with something you say but you can predict what will happen.  As Chris had mentioned earlier, Rabjohns isn’t in the loop with the current staff….have to say that this certainly would make that worse.

He seems to be in the loop just fine with this current staff.   He really doesn’t need to watch what he says.    People been regurgitating what he says for years now and passing it off as their own.    Nothing is going to change.  That happens when you are the top guy