Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

5 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I said that after Darius Garland yet here I am. *sigh*.

Sent from my Fisher-Price Flip Phone

Nothing wrong with keeping an eye on things. I’m guilty of it too. Just not allowing myself to get my hopes up. That huge dopamine rush is great until the bad news inevitably hits and makes the feelings of disappointment exponentially worse. Better to have no expectations one way or the other. That way you’re happy with all commitments and your days aren’t ruined from hearing kids choose to play elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I'm not sure this one is hard to connect though. Who has been advising this kid for years? Slater. Who is drinking buddies and good friends with Slater? Rabjohns. So it's not like he is getting bad info. Maybe the kid goes to Louisville and hates it. We can hope for that.

Respect you like crazy Chris, but not sure I buy that.

Slater called out Zagoria for putting out info the family wanted kept quiet - even post a rat as emphasis. And THAT guy is going to turn around and share info with a drinking buddy?

I joined Peegs just for the month and the $1 and man do those guys make BTB posters seem like normal ordinary people… no offense :)

I’m by no means a fan of Dakich but on his radio show he would always reference “Southern Indiana guy” when people would call in with crazy takes.

I think we all know one of them and Peegs can be filled with those guys sometimes. Lol.

Respect you like crazy Chris, but not sure I buy that.
Slater called out Zagoria for putting out info the family wanted kept quiet - even post a rat as emphasis. And THAT guy is going to turn around and share info with a drinking buddy?

Who knows… Rabby is a pretty honorable guy. There’s tons of people on Peegs these days who are mad with him because he doesn’t share everything he knows. People know they can tell him things and he won’t say anything.

35 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Cool. They were 13-19 two years ago and missed the tournament the last three years.

Recency bias. There are very few people that would trade our last 20 years for their last 20’years. 

We missed the tourney 5 straight years until we hired Woodson. And haven’t made the second weekend. I’m what 8 years.  Can we please stop pretending like we have had some runaway success recently. They hoisted a trophy 10 years ago. We haven’t made a final four in the life of any of our recruits. 

2 hours ago, go iu bb said:

If that was the case, why do we know the names of players? 

Yes, the fans are fans of the school but the players are who they watch. Bring in a bunch of nobodies who can't play and see how long fans stay around. IU fans have been more persistent than most but I have definitely seen a decline in fan enthusiasm in the last 25 years or so.

Under Miller, fan enthusiasm really took a dive. Lots of losing because of bad coaching and teams that didn't have much talent outside of 1 or 2 players.

Basketball is actually the product, not the school name. Without the players you don't have that.

I root for IU, NOT any Individual player. When they leave IU, I don’t follow the players and really don’t care what they do. Same for the  NFL OR MLB team I follow.  I know the names of the players because I follow the team.

5 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Did people think MM was gonna pop for us after the visit? We were told the family was gonna hold this one close and there would be 4 visits. What changed??? Seems to be going as planned.

I think the biggest thing that changed was that the most pro-IU media guy just said that a school that MM hasn't even visited yet is the leader for him.

5 minutes ago, WRSMick55 said:

I root for IU, NOT any Individual player. When they leave IU, I don’t follow the players and really don’t care what they do. Same for the  NFL OR MLB team I follow.  I know the names of the players because I follow the team.

Absolutely