Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

Lol
I added a disclaimer to my post. But I don't know why UL wouldn't be the favorite considering they'd have the last visit and the asst coach thing.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

You have a perfectly reasonable take. So does loaded chicken sandwich 
My giggle was purely based on how reasonable people can come to such diametrically opposed conclusions because no one really knows here.
Well yeah clearly neither of us have a clue. And I'll add that my 'IU Eyore complex' probably comes into play with IU's low chance.

I’m thinking about what the original commitment to Duke might mean. Prestige and exposure, winning, PT. Surely NIL $. The assumption is the PT shriveled up and thus the decommitment.

UL and SJU are a distant third and fourth on winning this coming year, you’d expect. SJU is not on the same prestige level. The weights of these things are unknown to us, but I’m sensitive to the idea that IU has a much clearer path to PT, playing through mistakes, almost no chance of getting completely buried on the bench vs. KU.

Where might KU have advantages? Well, maybe prestige if you’re discounting older titles and success, though of course on a flat historical analysis IU has more titles. The other alternative to me seems to be more consistent recent winning. But both were round of 32 exits this year. 

I added a disclaimer to my post. But I don't know why UL wouldn't be the favorite considering they'd have the last visit and the asst coach thing.

However, he decommitted from Duke due to role and roster fit. He may have chosen Duke more so because “Duke”. Not saying he doesn’t have a close connection to his recruiter, but I don’t know that it’s a major pull one way vs another considering the role he’s seeking and UL still having a ceiling I could bump my head on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

However, he decommitted from Duke due to role and roster fit. He may have chosen Duke more so because “Duke”. Not saying he doesn’t have a close connection to his recruiter, but I don’t know that it’s a major pull one way vs another considering the role he’s seeking and UL still having a ceiling I could bump my head on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app
I would agree and have considered the pull of Duke was more so Duke itself but the fact that he is also going to UL makes me think that connection was pretty meaningful. Idk. Probably only a handful of people do know where he's leaning.

24 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I’m thinking about what the original commitment to Duke might mean. Prestige and exposure, winning, PT. Surely NIL $. The assumption is the PT shriveled up and thus the decommitment.

UL and SJU are a distant third and fourth on winning this coming year, you’d expect. SJU is not on the same prestige level. The weights of these things are unknown to us, but I’m sensitive to the idea that IU has a much clearer path to PT, playing through mistakes, almost no chance of getting completely buried on the bench vs. KU.

Where might KU have advantages? Well, maybe prestige if you’re discounting older titles and success, though of course on a flat historical analysis IU has more titles. The other alternative to me seems to be more consistent recent winning. But both were round of 32 exits this year. 

The program prestige thing is always a slippery question. Kansas is one of the undisputed Blue Bloods and now finally got that elusive 4th title. Self is proven. Buuuut program prestige really comes down to whether fans give the prestige or not. Indiana still ranks 3rd in fair market value, behind Kentucky and Louisville. Kansas comes in at 5th. We still have major pull, somehow. 

https://graphics.wsj.com/table/COUNT_0330

Who knows how adidas weighs in here, but NIL goes well beyond that. I think Woody and his ability to connect with families is huge here. PT and team need is awesome as long as Mackenzie sees himself as a wing. No surprise, the Kansas insiders say he’s a Kansas lock. Funny how that works. 

No idea who wins. Woody does have a knack for being the best option at closing time. 

58 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Because they suck and will suck and Payne sucks. 

59 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Kansas insider said he’d be surprised if the Louisville visit happened. Said he thinks Mgbako will announce following IU visit with it being most likely between IU and Kansas.

1 minute ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Are these the only visits he is taking? We don't have any ETA for a commitment being announced right - maybe a week or so after his last visit? 

Louisville people think he is taking a visit on Friday, of course, pretty sure this was said before his IU visit 

Just now, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Louisville people think he is taking a visit on Friday 

Interesting. Another week in between, when he is only a short drive away now, from Bloomington? 

I would be surprised if he made that almost same exact trip just a week later, too, in that case, assuming he is coming from NJ...

2 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Interesting. Another week in between, when he is only a short drive away now, from Bloomington? 

I would be surprised if he made that almost same exact trip just a week later, too, in that case, assuming he is coming from NJ...

It wouldn’t be the most convenient thing, but either way it’s all-expenses-paid air travel to and from. 

2 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

The Kansas “insiders” are a joke. They have changed their story on him 4 times this week alone. They don’t know anything. They way over value what they have to sell. 

Louisville is next Friday and only way he doesn’t go is if Woody somehow locked him up. Which means it is not a decision forth coming it would be over.  Nothing to do with Kansas. They said in the beginning they would take all of them. 

Agreed.

And if he takes that Louisville visit after visiting Kansas and Indiana, I kind of like Louisville chances. Something is obviously up with his connection to the Louisville assistant coach for him to override winning programs.

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It wouldn’t be the most convenient thing, but either way it’s all-expenses-paid air travel to and from. 

Good point...

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Agreed.

And if he takes that Louisville visit after visiting Kansas and Indiana, I kind of like Louisville chances. Something is obviously up with his connection to the Louisville assistant coach for him to override winning programs.

Yeah... and, Louisville is an even quicker flight from Indianapolis.

It seems to me if I were a recruit this late in the cycle and really wanted to make a decision soon, I'd want to schedule visits quickly. Coming from NJ and looking at his options, It'd make perfect sense (logistically speaking) to go from Kansas to IU to UL, back home to sleep on it and make a choice. 

Having the week between makes me think, maybe he has his mind made up already... if he actually takes it. 

31 minutes ago, BGVille Hoosierfan said:

Kansas insider said he’d be surprised if the Louisville visit happened. Said he thinks Mgbako will announce following IU visit with it being most likely between IU and Kansas.

Like a journalist? Or an anonymous poster?