Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Cuffe was going to leave regardless. They’re looking at more than just MM and HD. But yes that is notable 

Also notable, Kansas is reportedly going hard after that NDSU player too. But the way I see it….Mgbako is Kansas’ to lose as of now 

34 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Worrying about scholly numbers for teams is a thing of the past.   Looking at the numbers has gotten less important over the years and now it’s a waste of time.    All teams will have room for whoever they are recruiting it’s up to the recruit if he feels comfortable with the situation.    Even in the NIL era recruiting is still a relationship and geography game.   Whoever the recruit feels a connection with will win out most of the time.   Get them on campus and hope they make that connection 

Yep, the best UM football coverage site, mgoblog, wrote earlier this year that scholarship limits don’t matter at UM with respect to football, which obviously has more $ and many more rostered players.

Now I’m not sure that’s true everywhere for football, at least not to the degree it’s true at UM. But surely that tells us something about whether it’s important.

(and yeah — Cuffe wasn’t just pushed over the line based on Dickinson and/or Mgbako)

On 5/2/2023 at 4:59 PM, HoosierAloha said:

What did I read into it?

last-week-tonight-stir.gif

“This seems to happen often. The recruit is looking for x, y, and z. IU definitely ahead of the competition when it comes to x, y, and z but then we don't "win" that recruitment. I wonder why that is and if the people saying what the recruit is looking for and how the programs stack up are bias. Odd”

Your reading into the fact that IU is ahead of the competition but doesn’t win the recruitment, and you wonder why, basically thinking the coaching staff dropped the ball

Cuffe is a 6'2" guard that played 6 minutes in two years at Kansas.  Kansas is going to have space for who they want if they can get them to commit.  Cuffe was likely just hanging around.  Even without him gone they likely had two spots to fill.  The question isn't really about if what scholarship is available but rather how a potential fills they suit what they are interested in doing.

What I would say is guys like Cuffe should never commit to Kansas.  Maybe IU will get to a point where there is so much talent that a guy ranked 117th in their class shouldn't bother committing, but we're not there.  Kansas is.

8 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

IU is logical choice here but Louisville probably still very much in play but they seem to have really hurt their chances. 

I've read this numerous times. What did they 'do''?

8 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

I still say his whole family not going, short visit etc doenst bode well for them.

Also, while it may not matter to many here, he didn’t follow any Kansas people or players (does kind of puts a damper on the “they just follow everyone they meet on each visit”) he did follow a couple St John’s guys. He also followed back an influential IU alum fyi. 

IU is logical choice here but Louisville probably still very much in play but they seem to have really hurt their chances. 

Who is the "influential IU alum" he's following back?

Didn't look for long but I didn't recognize anything like that.

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Who is the "influential IU alum" he's following back?

Didn't look for long but I didn't recognize anything like that.

Guessing fashion stylist Dan Solomon, @dan.solomon_ on IG? He’s mentioned here: https://www.cnn.com/style/amp/nba-tunnel-walks-fashion-bof/index.html

Certainly the type of guy who might be able to provide a little NIL$, or in-kind benefits of designer clothes?

20 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Guessing fashion stylist Dan Solomon, @dan.solomon_ on IG? He’s mentioned here: https://www.cnn.com/style/amp/nba-tunnel-walks-fashion-bof/index.html

Certainly the type of guy who might be able to provide a little NIL$, or in-kind benefits of designer clothes?

Not sure what it was a picture of... But it looks incredibly stupid.

23 minutes ago, lillurk said:

So this IU guy Solomon kinda made it big via a trend kinda started by OG Anunoby?

That makes me kinda a fan. OG is one of my all time favorites, and maybe the most quietly funny mother****er ever to play at Assembly Hall.

OG likes cheesecake.

1 hour ago, Bowhunter said:

They hired Duke assistant coach.

Is there any more detail behind this?  He was committed to Duke so not sure why this would be an issue.  Did he not like this assistant?  Did the assistant tamper in some way?  

9 hours ago, Ngw7183 said:

(does kind of puts a damper on the “they just follow everyone they meet on each visit”)

You say this so often when talking about who players don't follow. We get it. It's like you're trying to start the argument back up again.