Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

Offensively, he can play on the wing, no problem. Ok handle. Not a great 1st step, but he can straight line drive it. He’s not a facilitator, he’s looking for his offense. The defense might come and go a little. He’s not great laterally, so if he catches a bad matchup, say like Penn St last year running 4 guards around in an open system, that could get dicey. But his effort isn’t an issue and he should be good enough most of the time. 
As compared to Kopp where does he stand

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

We need JHS glued to this kid's side during his visit the whole time/pitching him hard. 

Mgbako comes here, Woodson will give him the keys.

In other words - next year, X & Mgbako are the equivalent of JHS & TJD this year. 

Hope we end up needing to learn how to pronounce his name... or that we come up with a cool nickname, lol. 

Kansas obviously scares me the most here. Really curious when he is making his visit to Bloomington!

1 hour ago, reconmkd said:

Ok so I guess I need to take some more sick days and do more farming, at least it seems when I'm busy farming and not paying attention to here, news breaks! 

Burning brush piles this afternoon and just checked in to see a new name

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

They have a personal connection to Louisville.  And Kansas is just plain hard to beat unless the roster is jammed up/filled.  Probably still a hugely uphill battle for us, and with the Ledlum stuff we are probably a little late???

Mr. Mgkabo meet JHS.  :)  

2 hours ago, TeeterInNJ said:

We need JHS glued to this kid's side during his visit the whole time/pitching him hard. 

Mgbako comes here, Woodson will give him the keys.

In other words - next year, X & Mgbako are the equivalent of JHS & TJD this year. 

Hope we end up needing to learn how to pronounce his name... or that we come up with a cool nickname, lol. 

Kansas obviously scares me the most here. Really curious when he is making his visit to Bloomington!

JHS is in LA prepping for the draft now. Is he scheduled to come back to Bloomington this spring? 

1 minute ago, Scotty R said:

So he isn't going to finish the semester out

He most certainly is. On-line until he’s back in Bloomington in May.

I know a family whose non-athlete kid is a full-time sophomore at UCF (which is not a commuter campus) and has still not taken a class on campus.

21 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Of course they do. Effing Louisville. 4 and freaking 28 and it's like none of these recruits even care. 

Mgbako seems a very likely one and done. UL’s situation is less attractive if you’re good enough to expect to play big minutes anywhere.

1 minute ago, lillurk said:

Mgbako seems a very likely one and done. UL’s situation is less attractive if you’re good enough to expect to play big minutes anywhere.

Plus, their coach is good and all (sure, maybe) but if you're trying to play in the league next year, are any of these coaches going to really be better able to help you navigate that process than Mike Woodson?