Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Demo

(2025)- SF Aleks Alston

6’9” SF who plays for Kenwood Academy in Chicago and Mac Irvin Fire in the EYBL. Unrated pretty much everywhere at this point, but blew up in EYBL session 1 and has also received offers from Georgia and Georgetown. Apparently a big time shooter. Shot 19-34 from 3 in 4 games this weekend. And, of course, he’s left-handed.

https://247sports.com/player/aleks-alston-46134550/

Attends Kenwood Academy in Chicago.  Plays AAU for 16U Mac Irvin Fire (EYBL).

Unrated on 247.    Rivals =46       On3 = 58

@alston_aleks

Rivals

MaxPreps

Aleks Alston '25 - Mac Irvin Fire  16U                        
Date   Pts FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Ast TO Stl Blk Min
NJ Scholars   0 0 2 0 2 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 16
Nighthydras   16 5 8 4 7 2 2 2 1 0 0 0 28
Rens   21 7 10 7 9 0 0 2 2 1 0 0 24
GA Stars   11 4 11 3 9 0 0 5 1 1 0 0 24
Tm United   15 5 7 5 7 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 21

Count/Avg 5 12.6 55%   56%   100%   2.0 1.2 0.6 0.0 0.2 23
HS 22-23 14 8.9 47%   49%   NA   3.4 1.1 0.7 0.6 0.9  

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Check out the video at the end of Schumann’s article. Sure, it’s a highlight clip, but that is one clean, simple stroke. No drift. Doubt he gets in many slumps.

Check out the video at the end of Schumann’s article. Sure, it’s a highlight clip, but that is one clean, simple stroke. No drift. Doubt he gets in many slumps.
Another Smooth Lefty. You are right his shot is simple and pure. Hope we can get him to Bloomington.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/class-of-2025-spotlight-aleks-alston?guccounter=1

Updated scouting report with a little on Alston’s recruitment. Keep seeing him listed as a wing, but the athleticism and explosiveness is gonna have to take a couple of steps up for that to happen. Looks to me like a pick and pop 4, and potentially a really good one. That stroke is bullet-proof.

2 hours ago, Demo said:

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/class-of-2025-spotlight-aleks-alston?guccounter=1

Updated scouting report with a little on Alston’s recruitment. Keep seeing him listed as a wing, but the athleticism and explosiveness is gonna have to take a couple of steps up for that to happen. Looks to me like a pick and pop 4, and potentially a really good one. That stroke is bullet-proof.

I will take your word for it since it is behind a paywall.  Seems like an interesting prospect, that's for sure.

23 minutes ago, Gnet550 said:

I will take your word for it since it is behind a paywall.  Seems like an interesting prospect, that's for sure.

Weird, it opened for me like an hour ago and now it doesn’t.

Just now, go iu bb said:

6-9, 170 lb. Yikes, he needs to hit the buffet line and weight room. Still has 2 years to fill out.

He’s more than 170. Closer to 200. And he’ll carry 225 in college, no problem.

Indiana: “They make me feel like I’m family when I talk with them. Even though I haven’t been down there on a visit yet, they’re showing me that I’m welcome. They’ve shown me a lot about how I fit and that they really want me. They’re a transition team, and they move the ball a lot. Watching them play, they get it and go. They play inside and out, which opens up spacing for the shooters. I feel like they fit how I play.”

https://www.on3.com/news/aleks-alston-talks-possible-visits-gets-into-indiana-illinois-iowa-georgia/

Kenwood beaten by Lindblom 61-60.  Kenwood went scoreless for over the last 3 min. of the game and had too many TOs with sloppy passes.  Alston had a great 1st Q with 7p; 3r; 3a and I thought I was in for a real treat.  Wrong!  He virtually disappeared after that and didn't score another point nor get another assist.  He did get 3 more rebounds.  The stream cut out a couple of times, but I only had him for a single shot attempt in the 2nd half.  He was on the court but the ball rarely found its way into his hands and if it did, he gave it up quickly.