Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2023-2024 IUBB Schedule

I would like us to add a true road game to the non conference even if it's not against a big time team. It's not the end of the world if we don't since we're playing 3 quality neutral games but I do think it would help to go into a hostile environment at least once before conference play.

51 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

........we're playing 3 quality neutral games........

Some venues get labeled as "neutral" when they should not be. Is playing Auburn in Atlanta, or us playing anyone in Indianapolis, actually "neutral"? The sites may not be Home, Sweet Home, but they are hardly neutral either.

20 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Some venues get labeled as "neutral" when they should not be. Is playing Auburn in Atlanta, or us playing anyone in Indianapolis, actually "neutral"? The sites may not be Home, Sweet Home, but they are hardly neutral either.

Totally agree! Still feel like going to a road gym somewhere is slightly different even if the neutral site isn't in a favorable location

5 hours ago, Tom White said:

I think ticket allocation is also different for a "neutral" court game vs on-campus. So even though Atlanta for Auburn or Indy for IU are close to home, I think the tickets are allocated differently so that it's easier for the traveling team to still have a lot of fans there. If they travel well like IU does, that is. 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

I've seen a couple places... Gavitt Games going away after this year or soon? Why? 

I believe the original contract was 8 years, and this is the eighth year (it was cancelled in fall 2020). No word yet on a contract renewal.

However, as both conferences are Fox Sports partners, I would guess everyone involved has a vested interest in some sort of continuing agreement. Wouldn’t be surprised if potential Big East realignment is the current sticking point — hopefully some resolution on the UConn/Big 12 dalliance comes soon and a renewal gets figured out.

The other thing is there’s probably no huge hurry to announce — if they want to maximize earned press coverage they’d announce the week of the games in November, I’ll guess.