Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2023-2024 IUBB Schedule

ITH --
Indiana will host Harvard as part of its 2023-24 non-conference schedule, according to Jon Rothstein.  It’s the second non-conference home game to be revealed for next season.  The Hoosiers will also host Kansas on Saturday, December 16, 2023 at Assembly Hall.
Harvard finished last season 14-14. The Crimson are coached by Tommy Amaker. The two programs have only met once before. Indiana beat Harvard 97-76 on December 2, 1972 in Bloomington.
At the Fieldhouse

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, go iu bb said:

Another solid opponent. They’ve been better than 200 in Kenpom each of the last five seasons, and close to or better than 100 a couple times. 

15 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Wright State University is located just east of Dayton OH.  It is adjacent to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and the National Museum of the U. S. Air Force.  And WSU is 5 miles from my house.  

Last year WSU ended their season 6th in the Horizon League.  Milwaukee beat WSU in the Horizon League quarterfinal game to end their year at 18 - 15.  It is the first time in 7 years that the head coach Nagy's teams have not reached 20 wins.    The year before they won the Horizon League and beat NC State as their signature win.  

In the most recent season, WSU men's team struggled rebounding but shot 48% from the field.  Wright State basketball: Scott Nagy not used to average seasons (daytondailynews.com)

Here is a little about their 5th-year senior guard.  Trey Calvin shoots 49% from the field, and scores 20 ppg. Calvin announces plans to return to Wright State in 2023-24 - Wright State University Athletics (wsuraiders.com)

WSU redshirted three freshmen last year.  Here is a little about that. Wright State basketball: Raiders hope Noel can build on break-out year (daytondailynews.com)

They most likely will be better this year.  They are not a tall bunch.  But they can shoot and are well coached.  They have an experienced and capable PG. They likely will compete for the Horizon League championship.  I would speculate that they are very capable of getting into the NCAAT.

Nice write-up, Dave. I like these opponents because while we should win they ought to push us a little and at the very least they’ll give the 2nd unit and young guys a challenge. Those 275ish to 350th ranked opponents really have nothing for us. It’s a layup line for the starters and even the 2nd unit easily bests them. 

If Woody cleans up the schedule he’ll be my favorite coach since Knight just for that. 

2 hours ago, Dave from Dayton said:

It is adjacent to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base and the National Museum of the U. S. Air Force.

Not remotely on topic, but this is one of my favorite places I've ever visited. Such a cool experience. Funny enough, I visited when we played James Madison and Temple in the tournament there between games.

21 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

At the Fieldhouse

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Even if it's a lesser opponent and not a big neutral site event, I appreciate Scott Dolson sticking to his word and playing a game in Indy every year

On 5/11/2023 at 11:30 AM, TheWatShot said:

So 7 of the 11 non-con slots are now filled, and the lowest any of them finished in last year's Kenpom rankings was 197. 

Still thinking we add 2 teams that finished sub-.300, because we always seem to, but this is a good schedule. 

Having 1 or 2 of those teams doesn’t bother me as much. It’s when we get closer to 4-5 teams like that where I think it becomes a waste. 

On 5/11/2023 at 12:30 PM, TheWatShot said:

So 7 of the 11 non-con slots are now filled, and the lowest any of them finished in last year's Kenpom rankings was 197. 

Still thinking we add 2 teams that finished sub-.300, because we always seem to, but this is a good schedule. 

Give me one of those over Xmas break. Gonna take her to her first game this coming year.  Would have done last year but she didn’t really get into basketball till the Purdue road game. Could never get her to watch a game till then