Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - PG Curtis Givens III to LSU

The Montverde connection continues.  Plays on the MoKan EYBL team.

@lilcurtis_3

Rivals

On3

Curtis Givens III '24 - MoKan                 Has IU Offer    
Date   Pts FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Ast TO Stl Blk Min
Drive Nation   10 4 10 2 5 0 0 1 10 0 0 0 19
Indy Heat   28 8 12 4 7 8 12 5 4 1 1 0 27
PSA   28 9 18 5 10 5 5 4 2 1 0 0 29
GA Stars   9 4 14 0 5 1 2 2 3 0 3 0 26

Count/Avg 4 18.8 46%   41%   74%   3.0 4.8 0.5 1.0 0.0 25

From that on3 article: 

Givens also knows what he’s looking for in a college.

“The atmosphere is going to be big for me,” Givens said. “The culture of the school will be what I’m looking at on these visits. When I’m looking at a college, I’m looking for a place that will give their guards some freedom to make plays.”

IU has a pretty strong case for those criteria

Indiana: “I saw the way they developed Jalen Hood-Schifino. He’s a Montverde guard, but he’s a product of Indiana, so that really stood out for me. He was just the 17th pick in the draft.”

https://www.on3.com/news/curtis-givens-recaps-official-goes-in-depth-with-lsu-memphis-indiana-texas/

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-wants-2024-pg-curtis-givens-to-visit-how-he-fits-and-what-he-says-about-indiana/

A Givens update from Schumann along with some of his speculation on how the staff could be prioritizing things. 

27 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Not sure I love this.

Its hard to make high-end recruits feel special and prioritized when there are three from the same prep school at once.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Not sure I love this.

Its hard to make high-end recruits feel special and prioritized when there are three from the same prep school at once.

I would not discount the coordination the staff had with DQ and LM before making this happen. This isn't a surprise to them or something that they didn't want. CG is a friend and someone they'd like to continue playing with at the next level, if everything aligns. 

Instead of not loving this, think of this as IU being strategic. They are giving DQ and LM (who've already been on officials to IU) an opportunity to experience campus, the team, etc. again, but this time with a friend they already enjoy hooping with. 

IU will not spread itself so thinly that the program can't give DQ and LM want they need on their visit. Also, keep in mind these visits are scheduled down to the hour--based on numerous previous conversations with the recruit and everyone else joining them on the visit. Trust that everyone involved is a part of the process and everyone knows the plan. 

Maybe we land none, one, two or three; but don't doubt everyone is on board with this. 

26 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not sure I love this.

It only bothers me to the extent that I don’t love Givens. And for as long as you’re in on Fland  you’re not taking Givens. So even if he wanted to commit you’re probably not taking it. That requires some finesse since the other kids are priorities 1 and 2. If it was Newell coming with them that would be different.

It only bothers me to the extent that I don’t love Givens. And for as long as you’re in on Fland  you’re not taking Givens. So even if he wanted to commit you’re probably not taking it. That requires some finesse since the other kids are priorities 1 and 2. If it was Newell coming with them that would be different.

But we are recruiting 2 guard spots. I think we take an extra guard and still prioritize Fland.

Although I want Boateng as our big guard as my preferred spot. I like Schwartz a lot too.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

On 8/19/2023 at 11:54 AM, Demo said:

What don’t you love about Givens? And conversely, what the upside that causes him to be a four star?