Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Fitness/Health

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Dog woke me up extra early today at 5. After taking him out, I couldn’t go back to sleep so I went to the gym. Got a good workout in and back before the kids or wife were up. I don’t like waking up that early to go, but it’s nice getting there before most. Only 2 other people there when I arrived, and a total of 7 when I left. Nice getting in and out quickly.

And what is even better, you have the rest of the day to spend with your family!

WHAT a great thread you started. Good to see a bunch of us older dudes still working out. And with spring here now, warm weather helps to get us outside more. Got to run without my shirt on this morning a 6:30 which is an added bonus!

1 hour ago, upperarlington said:

WHAT a great thread you started. Good to see a bunch of us older dudes still working out. And with spring here now, warm weather helps to get us outside more. Got to run without my shirt on this morning a 6:30 which is an added bonus!

Hopefully you didn’t scare the neighbors without your shirt!  I am almost 60 and I exercise 6 days a week and I am not tone enough to run without my shirt, I don’t want to scare my neighbors or make them nauseous with some jiggling fat!  Lol!

1 hour ago, upperarlington said:

If I went outside without a shirt I'd probably get arrested and/or scar the neighbor kids for life.  No thanks. I mean it's bad when the reflection in my bathroom mirror tells me to put a shirt on.

25 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Hopefully you didn’t scare the neighbors without your shirt!  I am almost 60 and I exercise 6 days a week and I am not tone enough to run without my shirt, I don’t want to scare my neighbors or make them nauseous with some jiggling fat!  Lol!

I am blessed to have decent metabolism and a flat chest, but I still only run early morning just in case! It stems from my high school track and CC days. Always hated wearing shirts while running.

3 hours ago, upperarlington said:

I am blessed to have decent metabolism and a flat chest, but I still only run early morning just in case! It stems from my high school track and CC days. Always hated wearing shirts while running.

High school and college I could get away with that, plus I could catch some sun.  I can’t get away with that now, i may jiggle in places and that part hasn’t seen the sun since 1990, that would blind the neighbors for sure!  

i still do well as far as working out for my age, plus I hike a lot!

On 4/15/2023 at 2:29 PM, IUFAN1976 said:

And what is even better, you have the rest of the day to spend with your family!

Absolutely. I would like to start going more often, but our two boys sleep completely different. Ones a night owl that we can never get to sleep (3 1/2), and my oldest (6) wakes up between 6-6:30 every morning. Don’t want to put both burdens on my wife where she is up late and waking up early. I want to at least take one of the shifts, and she prefers the night one lol.

Awesome thread!

I destroyed my body being a complete idiot when I was younger so I pay for it now. I can no longer run but do enjoy walking, swimming, and cycling. I'm typically in the gym weightlifting 5 days a week when my body isn't being a little *****. If you've never worked with a trainer I'd highly recommend it. I thought I could get solid advice online but working with a trainer who understands your body and goals is amazing. I've been able to buildup muscle in areas that I previously tore muscles, ligaments, and tendons.

Best of luck to everyone on their fitness journey!

Awesome thread!
I destroyed my body being a complete idiot when I was younger so I pay for it now. I can no longer run but do enjoy walking, swimming, and cycling. I'm typically in the gym weightlifting 5 days a week when my body isn't being a little *****. If you've never worked with a trainer I'd highly recommend it. I thought I could get solid advice online but working with a trainer who understands your body and goals is amazing. I've been able to buildup muscle in areas that I previously tore muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
Best of luck to everyone on their fitness journey!

I’m similar. I played hockey forever. Into my 40’s. I ran about 30 miles a week for 15-20 years. Competitively, mini marathons and such. I worked myself into a hip replacement in my early 40’s. My other hip acts up. The repaired one is great but I don’t do the things I was addicted to for years. I swim, walk, bike, etc, but I miss hockey and running quite a bit.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

23 hours ago, JaybobHoosier said:

Absolutely. I would like to start going more often, but our two boys sleep completely different. Ones a night owl that we can never get to sleep (3 1/2), and my oldest (6) wakes up between 6-6:30 every morning. Don’t want to put both burdens on my wife where she is up late and waking up early. I want to at least take one of the shifts, and she prefers the night one lol.

I get that, as well you should.  Schedules are adjustable and probably should be flexible.  Maybe when they both are older you can get a more steady schedule 

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m similar. I played hockey forever. Into my 40’s. I ran about 30 miles a week for 15-20 years. Competitively, mini marathons and such. I worked myself into a hip replacement in my early 40’s. My other hip acts up. The repaired one is great but I don’t do the things I was addicted to for years. I swim, walk, bike, etc, but I miss hockey and running quite a bit.

Damn man, that sounds pretty rough but glad the new hip is working out. I didn't think I would miss running when I was forced to run most mornings but there is something about enjoying the scenery on a nice long run.

It's almost as though your body isn't meant to pound pavement for hours at a time or jump out of a helicopter with a few hundred pounds of gear or to throw a bunch of weight on your back and hump for a few hours. Really happy the old career field got smart about their fitness programs and realized there are better ways to stay in top shop than destroying your body 24/7.

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’ve been involved in playing sports most of my life, baseball and basketball and I ran Cross Country in high school too!  I loved running, including about 16 mini marathons too, I haven’t ran for almost 4 years because I have been nursing a bone on bone left hip.  I need a hip replacement but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet, I been doing biking, hiking, peleton classes and the elliptical.  These have helped delay me having hip surgery but I sometimes have issues where my hip burns with so much pain.  I am going to prolong it as long as I can but I feel it is going to happen very soon

I’ve been involved in playing sports most of my life, baseball and basketball and I ran Cross Country in high school too!  I loved running, including about 16 mini marathons too, I haven’t ran for almost 4 years because I have been nursing a bone on bone left hip.  I need a hip replacement but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet, I been doing biking, hiking, peleton classes and the elliptical.  These have helped delay me having hip surgery but I sometimes have issues where my hip burns with so much pain.  I am going to prolong it as long as I can but I feel it is going to happen very soon

Honestly worth it. Mental hurdles first but I only took 2 weeks off work. Felt pretty good after a week. First 2-3 days sucked but I’ll do my other one sooner than I did my right one.

13 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Honestly worth it. Mental hurdles first but I only took 2 weeks off work. Felt pretty good after a week. First 2-3 days sucked but I’ll do my other one sooner than I did my right one.

Good to know.  I take it they get you going quick and the physical therapy gets you back quicker to work and a more normal life.