Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

2024 (F) Kanon Catchings

11 minutes ago, hper50 said:

Maybe it’s just Khristian Lander PTSD, but Catchings possibly reclassifying feels like a bad idea. I think he’s a good player now and will eventually be a good college player, but has a lot of work to do (like all HS juniors). Only seen him a few times though. 

Assuming we get a couple more decent transfers, will he really get the minutes to justify a re-class? I’m not seeing it, but just my opinion 

I think just taking him from Purdue would be worth it even if he didn’t play much his first year

9 minutes ago, hper50 said:

Maybe it’s just Khristian Lander PTSD, but Catchings possibly reclassifying feels like a bad idea. I think he’s a good player now and will eventually be a good college player, but has a lot of work to do (like all HS juniors). Only seen him a few times though. 

Assuming we get a couple more decent transfers, will he really get the minutes to justify a re-class? I’m not seeing it, but just my opinion 

Cannot specifically speak to Catchings as a player or potential reclass. But in general, reclassifications up tend to work out well UNLESS the player is a small guard.

That’s not just me hand-waving Lander away, someone did a study I can’t locate and that was the broad takeaway. Besides Lander, some other high-profile examples: Derryck Thornton, Ashton Hagans. There are counter-examples but if a staff has a 5-star grade on a junior eligible to reclass they should probably take him unless he’s like 6’2” or under and slight, IMO.

That aside…is a reclass an option for Catchings? I’ve seen the flip rumors buuuut not that specifically.

Sure . . . sometimes you just gotta laugh at the Purdue Logic (or lack thereof):

Catchings

*Changes “Purdue Commit” to “Athlete” on Insta

*Un-Archives photo of his IU visit on Insta

*Begins following a member of the IU staff on twitter 

Without question, the kid wants to play with Edey <rolleyes>.

13 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

My favorite was the supposed to be unironic post of ‘he can win a national championship at Purdue, something IU could only dream of”.

To be fair, we do dream of a 6th banner.  Purdue dreams that their retroactive Helms title counts.

18 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

My favorite was the supposed to be unironic post of ‘he can win a national championship at Purdue, something IU could only dream of”.

Yeah.

Then someone (I think an IU fan) said “Don’t you think you have to get out of the 1st round?”

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

To be fair, we do dream of a 6th banner.  Purdue dreams that their retroactive Helms title counts.

Yeah, but that’s kind of like us wishing we could have a dog like when we were a kid and them wishing they had a dog that has wheels and farts blueberries.  At least our dog was real.

Have been reading as much as I can on young Mr.Catchings and have noticed 2-3 posters mentioning attitude issues ie T that cost his team vs Ben Davis. Was wondering just how serious an issue it is. Is he a selfish/me first player or hot head with anger issues or just immature and thinks he is always right. Do not want to bring in someone who would upset team chemistry especially w/o strong team leadership.