Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

(C) Kel 'el Ware - COMMITTED TO INDIANA

21 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

TALL! In the interview he said he was recently measured at 7’1” in socks. That’s one tall agile guy.

First and only visit was to IU. He’s left alone in the players' locker room to put on an IU jersey at the start of the visit. Says when he puts on the jersey he knows. Comes out of the locker room and tells Ya, and then the rest of the staff except Woody. Everyone let’s out a big yell and they have a group hug. No one tells Woody until Kel’el does after dinner. Woody’s first words when Kel’el tells him? “You’re gonna have to work.”

Last question of the interview was, ”How much do you hate Purdue?”

Answer: ”Now? I hate them a lot.”

A chilled out, mature, measured young man. Pankowski was even more caffeinated than usual, but it’s a good listen.

Finally got to listen today. For an obviously reserved kid thought he did very well. Small thing, but maybe my favorite part was them asking if he designed his NBA2K player after himself and Ware responding, “Nah, he only 6’10””. That’s very funny.
Also reminded me why I don’t listen them often. Subjecting that poor kid to 2 minutes of “Jack and Diane” and asking him what he thought of it? Are you kidding me? 

6 minutes ago, Demo said:

Finally got to listen today. For an obviously reserved kid thought he did very well. Small thing, but maybe my favorite part was them asking if he designed his NBA2K player after himself and Ware responding, “Nah, he only 6’10””. That’s very funny.
Also reminded me why I don’t listen them often. Subjecting that poor kid to 2 minutes of “Jack and Diane” and asking him what he thought of it? Are you kidding me? 

It is something they always do, and it is always incredibly awkward and off-putting:

1. Have you heard of Mellencamp? Do you like this? (plays Jack and Diane) At least Mellencamp has IU ties and some pretty soulful recent material.
  2. But worse? They then invariably proceed to quiz 20 year olds about whether they are into Phil Collins and Billy Joel, who while famous with 40-70 year olds, frankly kinda suck and always have mostly sucked. 

No Kel'El, we do not expect this guy to be in your world:

image.jpeg

Just now, Stuhoo said:

It is something they always do, and it is always incredibly awkward and off-putting:

1. Have you heard of Mellencamp? Do you like this (plays Jack and Diane)? At least Mellencamp has IU ties and some pretty soulful recent material.
  2. But worse? They then invariably proceed to quiz 20 year olds about whether they are into Phil Collins and Billy Joel, who while famous with 40-70 year olds, frankly kinda suck and always have mostly sucked.

That’s every time? Wow. I think the last one I listened to was Reneau and must have blocked that part.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

1. Have you heard of Mellencamp? Do you like this (plays Jack and Diane)? At least Mellencamp has IU ties and some pretty soulful recent material.

I'd like to remind you that, more than once, you've tried convincing me to listen to them. I think I'll just stick to your (much appreciated) recaps from their interesting guests.

1 minute ago, Demo said:

That’s every time? Wow. I think the last one I listened to was Reneau and must have blocked that part.

They did it with Anthony Walker too. Anthony...do you know who Billy Joel is? NO HE DOES NOT!

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I'd like to remind you that, more than once, you've tried convincing me to listen to them. I think I'll just stick to your (much appreciated) recaps from their interesting guests.

There is lots of good in their interviews too.

Eric Pankowski is the more potentially annoying, more caffeinated, more prominent one, but he's got real insider insight on the program, and also has that Howard Stern knack for treating guests well, while getting them comfortable enough to be their semi-unfiltered selves during an interview. He just needs an occasional after-action self-assessment and adjustment to his topics list.

I just started listening and man the guy who is driving the interview with Kel'El is.... something. Is that Eric? 

Edit: The way he talks about Kel'El pronouncing his name, weird exchange with Mom, then talking about how he saw a movie that made him think Little Rock is "so scary" and asking him if it's true? Yikes man.

15 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

I just started listening and man the guy who is driving the interview with Kel'El is.... something. Is that Eric? 

Edit: The way he talks about Kel'El pronouncing his name, weird exchange with Mom, then talking about how he saw a movie that made him think Little Rock is "so scary" and asking him if it's true? Yikes man.

I listen to all podcasts at 2x so the painful parts are over in a hurry. 

14 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

1. Have you heard of Mellencamp? Do you like this? (plays Jack and Diane) At least Mellencamp has IU ties and some pretty soulful recent material.

No Kel'El, we do not expect this guy to be in your world:

image.jpeg

Woah... Billy Joel is great... But I will say there is only one song of Phil's worth knowing. I mean... They definitely have better music compared to what's been released the past decade plus.

49 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Woah... Billy Joel is great... But I will say there is only one song of Phil's worth knowing. I mean... They definitely have better music compared to what's been released the past decade plus.

I do enjoy some Genesis though.

And the bolded is a pretty low bar.

Great music is out there, folks.  W. C. Handy Blues and BBQ Festival, Henderson KY, June 13 - 17, free...

I will be there Saturday, June 17...with family.  A couple of years ago, they had Walter Trout's band and Samantha Fish's band.  Then, again, check the Friday schedule: Al Green and Hard Times and Tommy Castro and the Painkillers!!!: W.C. Handy Festival Schedule 2023

Changing the subject, catch Kenny Wayne Shepherd in Brown County, June 6.  He will be in my backyard in Dayton later in his tour.

Oh, if you like to hear a great jazz flautist: Bobbi Humphrey Bobbi Humphrey - City Beat Album Reviews, Songs & More | AllMusic

49 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Trout? Fish? I think I'm detecting a pattern here.

Amanda Fish also had her band there same day. I kid you not. Caught close to our limit of blues that day. Samantha is a force. Listen to some Walter Trout...one of my favorites.

2 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

I do enjoy some Genesis though.

And the bolded is a pretty low bar.

It is a very low bar... I'd even say the past 15 years at least have been absolutely horrid. I still have plenty of nostalgia likes from the 2000s... But after like 2008, music walked off the cliff.

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It is a very low bar... I'd even say the past 15 years at least have been absolutely horrid. I still have plenty of nostalgia likes from the 2000s... But after like 2008, music walked off the cliff.

Lol.... you need to say these things in your best kids these days/cranky old man voice (which my understanding is... you are not).