Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

(C) Kel 'el Ware - COMMITTED TO INDIANA

6 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Leal and Sparks are confused by this take. 

I love this because there are kids who still feel that way. But, in my opinion, they are a dying breed. Money corrupts everything. Once we start down that road there is no turning back. I know the under the table stuff has always been there. I think of the old racing saying, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't trying."

On 4/14/2023 at 2:34 PM, bigrod said:

I'm happy, don't get me wrong, but sad this is what it's come to. The days of kids coming to IU because they love IU seems to be a thing of the past.

I'll always have the memories. Well... actually, maybe not. Although, I'm amazed that I can remember IU's lineup from 40 years ago, but can't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday.

I'm not sure what this means.  I think kids have always chosen schools because of what it will do for them.  I honestly don't think things have changed at all except for getting more money now.  Unless I'm missing something?  Do you have an example?

On 4/14/2023 at 2:34 PM, bigrod said:

I'm happy, don't get me wrong, but sad this is what it's come to. The days of kids coming to IU because they love IU seems to be a thing of the past.

I'll always have the memories. Well... actually, maybe not. Although, I'm amazed that I can remember IU's lineup from 40 years ago, but can't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday.

Sounds like Alzheimer’s has set in!!!

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

10 minute game misconduct penalty on IUFAN1976 for liking his own post.  

I did, I thought it was funny!  If you can’t laugh at yourself, then there is no sense laughing at others either!   I’m taking my penalty in the penalty box starting now

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

10 minute game misconduct penalty on IUFAN1976 for liking his own post.  

He liked a post he made on saying someone has Alzheimer's.  Maybe he was going for irony.

He liked a post he made on saying someone has Alzheimer's.  Maybe he was going for irony.

He liked a post...

Ware is on the Hoosier Hysterics podcast tomorrow. Hardly ever listen to them, but absolutely will this time. 

I listen to them regularly and for as much hate as they get, I think they do a great job. The early recruiting stuff was wrong in a lot of ways. The way they’ve been handling themselves post NIL has been pretty spot on.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

27 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I listen to them regularly and for as much hate as they get, I think they do a great job. The early recruiting stuff was wrong in a lot of ways. The way they’ve been handling themselves post NIL has been pretty spot on.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I usually skip to about 8-9 minutes in. The intro and auto sponsor promo is just brutal.  Once I get to the guest to the main topic it is good. But their promo work hurts my ears and being in Hollywood I assumed they had experience with production quality. 

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

TALL! In the interview he said he was recently measured at 7’1” in socks. That’s one tall agile guy.

First and only visit was to IU. He’s left alone in the player’s locker room to put on an IU jersey at the start of the visit. Says when he puts on the jersey he knows. Comes out of the locker room and tells Ya, and then the rest of the staff except Woody. Everyone let’s out a big yell and they have a group hug. No one tells Woody until Kel’el does after dinner. Woody’s first words when Kel’el tells him? “You’re gonna have to work.”

Last question of the interview was, ”How much do you hate Purdue?”

Answer? ”Now? I hate them a lot.”

A chilled out, mature, measured young man. Pankowski was even more caffeinated than usual, but it’s a good listen.

Quiet, likeable kid.  No doubt he’s ready to try to prove the doubters wrong.  Yeah, 7’1” working out in CA trying to be his best.  

Goodman is knocking the 3,4,5 of Indiana.  I get it in some regards but if Woody can get these 3 playing together and playing hard, sky is the limit.  

58 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Goodman is knocking the 3,4,5 of Indiana.  I get it in some regards but if Woody can get these 3 playing together and playing hard, sky is the limit.

I get that we haven't done anything yet. And, given our recent history, there is a lot of room for doubt. But, Tom Crean and Archie Miller aren't coaching these guys. And full disclosure, I liked both of our previous coaches at different points in time. I don't know how many people saw where college basketball was heading when Coach Woodson was hired, I certainly didn't, but he is perfect for this new landscape. He knows how to integrate new pieces and he knows basketball. It may take a while to get it worked out, but I see this team getting better and better as they go along. And, if I'm right, March and April could get very interesting.

27 minutes ago, cthomas said:

I get that we haven't done anything yet. And, given our recent history, there is a lot of room for doubt. But, Tom Crean and Archie Miller aren't coaching these guys. And full disclosure, I liked both of our previous coaches at different points in time. I don't know how many people saw where college basketball was heading when Coach Woodson was hired, I certainly didn't, but he is perfect for this new landscape. He knows how to integrate new pieces and he knows basketball. It may take a while to get it worked out, but I see this team getting better and better as they go along. And, if I'm right, March and April could get very interesting.

We could have another undefeated season and that guy would still be acting like somebody pissed in his cornflakes 

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Quiet, likeable kid.  No doubt he’s ready to try to prove the doubters wrong.  Yeah, 7’1” working out in CA trying to be his best.  

I still have some reservations about IU for next season too. BUT many other teams have 3 FIVE stars starting in the frontcourt and Goodman would be getting callouses on his knees slobbering over them. 

18 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

In a sense I get it too. Right now, IU is probably a borderline top 25 team. X coming off an injury, Reneau and Ware while talented both were not featured guys a year ago. Mgbako is a freshman too. However, I really think it can work. Also, I don't think they're done adding pieces. They are waiting on a guys who are leaving the NBA draft. 

17 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

In a sense I get it too. Right now, IU is probably a borderline top 25 team. X coming off an injury, Reneau and Ware while talented both were not featured guys a year ago. Mgbako is a freshman too. However, I really think it can work. Also, I don't think they're done adding pieces. They are waiting on a guys who are leaving the NBA draft. 

Except Goodman is knocking two McDonald's All-Americans and a high ranked four star who put up good numbers for the 15 minutes per game he played on an NCAA 4 seed.  Guarantee you if his good pal Tommy Lloyd at Arizona had those three at his 3, 4, and 5, he'd be gushing over them.