Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

(C) Kel 'el Ware - COMMITTED TO INDIANA

18 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ware's recruitment was truly a team effort but Coach Ya was the leader of the pack and without Ya we likely don't land him.  So to Coach Ya  --  THANK YOU.

With his track record. Might have to make him coach in waiting if we want to keep him. 

55 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Wonder if Goodman's daughter cleaned his clock after the recent Field of 68 podcast? He said Ware would benefit from the old transfer rules by being forced to sit out next year. Basically said Ware's commitment doesn't move the needle at all for IU.

Doesn't move the needle isn't a very descriptive term. I think Ware is a 10-12p 5-6r guy this year. 

I do think as a JR could be absolutely something special. 

3 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

We're hiring Mike Davis back??

Lol no.

Seems like a very similar personality and a fairly similar skill set. KW is two inches taller and likely will be a better distance shooter.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Lol no.

Seems like a very similar personality and a fairly similar skill set. KW is two inches taller and likely will be a better distance shooter.

Think I was in junior high but were there questions about Newton's motor? I think I vaguely recall questions about Leach's but just thought back to those two when you posted this photo and the questions about Ware's motor, whether warranted or not.

My dad was part of hosting an IU recruit barnstorming camp with Newton, Leach and Donald Perry IIRC.

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Lol no.

I haven't checked the stats but my memory of Newton was he was money from the elbow.  Is my mind playing tricks on me?  Loved Newton and JJ.  

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

I haven't checked the stats but my memory of Newton was he was money from the elbow.  Is my mind playing tricks on me?  Loved Newton and JJ.  

No, that’s what I remember, too. I’ll never forget him showing out in Atlanta against Oklahoma, in front of his “home crowd.” It was so cool to see him put it all together. Man, I wish that team had finished off the next game!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Doesn't move the needle isn't a very descriptive term. I think Ware is a 10-12p 5-6r guy this year. 

I do think as a JR could be absolutely something special. 

IMO, his ability to challenge shots both on the perimeter and in the post "moves the needle" regardless of his offensive production.