Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

(C) Kel 'el Ware - COMMITTED TO INDIANA

4 hours ago, rcs29 said:

The bottom is going to fall out of this place if there's no commitment. Thing I want to know is when is XJ suppose to be announcing his return? Thought it was suppose to be a couple days ago wasn't it? Did I miss it?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

mib-meninblack.gif

Basically IU is in really position with Ware. Rabby pointed out Ya did a tremendous job gettIng IU to that point.   IU fans are crazy and hang on every thing and try to find every nugget they can and roll with it.   He never came out and said there would be a commitment last night and even said the plan was for him to have another visit.  Last night you have multiple places showing excitement and IU fans (shocker) just ran with it and built up an expectation.   IU is in a very good spot with a top level transfer and after his next visit which is scheduled for tomorrow IU will know if coach Ya hard work will payoff.   Whether Rabjohns likes it or not pretty much a whole fan base hangs on his every word or story 

10 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Basically IU is in really position with Ware. Rabby pointed out Ya did a tremendous job gettIng IU to that point.   IU fans are crazy and hang on every thing and try to find every nugget they can and roll with it.   He never came out and said there would be a commitment last night and even said the plan was for him to have another visit.  Last night you have multiple places showing excitement and IU fans (shocker) just ran with it and built up an expectation.   IU is in a very good spot with a top level transfer and after his next visit which is scheduled for tomorrow IU will know if coach Ya hard work will payoff.   Whether Rabjohns likes it or not pretty much a whole fan base hangs on his every word or story 

Agree with the bolded part IU fans are crazy but there are those who have a huge platform (mainly on Twitter) that added gasoline to the fire...and it was totally unnecessary. Is what it is. 

So, either we wanted a commitment on the spot and didn’t get one. Not great, we’ve seen how that goes.

OR they got good news but have to solidify things and need calm in the process. We hope.

I didn’t let myself get too excited about all of this yet anyway, so I can enjoy whatever good news may be to come.

Battle to OSU and Love to Michigan. 2 options off the board (have been but, commitments are starting to happen).

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

17 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Agree with the bolded part IU fans are crazy but there are those who have a huge platform (mainly on Twitter) that added gasoline to the fire...and it was totally unnecessary. Is what it is. 

For those people to exist you need collaborators who follow along with them. When there is little risk in putting "things you've heard" out to the rest of the fan base why not go for it. You'll get plenty of the collaborators to jump back on the bandwagon when you get the next one right. It takes a village.

If you were a recruit and had the ability to have school pay for your travel an stay on official visits (I think that’s how it works) then wouldn’t you probably take every visit? Like maybe out of respect for Alabama he is taking a free paid for visit. But either way, IU is down to the final two on a top 25 and a 5 star kid. I like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, cleeter said:

If you were a recruit and had the ability to have school pay for your travel an stay on official visits (I think that’s how it works) then wouldn’t you probably take every visit? Like maybe out of respect for Alabama he is taking a free paid for visit. But either way, IU is down to the final two on a top 25 and a 5 star kid. I like that.

I used to think so but when you factor in unofficial visits and game travel extra travel the idea of traveling just because it is free is probably not as interesting to kids as it might be to us.  Your second point though about just going to Alabama out of respect makes sense.  Especially if they built a relationship with him in his original recruiting or if some of the players know him.  Lets hope it is less interesting when he gets there.

12 minutes ago, cleeter said:

If I knew where I wanted to go, I'd cancel so they didn't waste their time.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

out of respect for Alabama he is taking a free paid for visit.

It doesn't show any respect to take a free visit on another school's dime if you have made up your mind. If Ware takes the visit to Alabama, it means he hasn't made up his mind and Alabama has a chance to land him.

31 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Hopefully, we don’t finish as #2 this time around 

28 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Nah. Traveling kind of sucks. Going on a visit to a school if he has already decided is a waste of everyone’s time, including his own.