Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

(C) Kel 'el Ware - COMMITTED TO INDIANA

58 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Until we’ve seen an official commitment from either one, we should just hope the official visit is going well and we still have a chance to land them!  Everyone thought Battle was committing to IU, until he wasn’t!  We have to see it to believe it, until then I’ll just keep my figures crossed and hope!

As a fellow IU fan, I understand your hesitation. However, the smoke around this is no where near what was being said around Battle. Someone has committed to IU (Ledlum or Ware or both). Too much smoke. 

Where there's smoke:

1.  There's liar?

2.  There's poke?

3.  There's a toaster oven?

4.  There's BBQ?

5.  In my hotel in SE Florida, a female building attendant asked me to smoke some weed with her.  I told her no.  I can't deal with high maintenance women.

Exit, stage left.  Gotta get another hat. Hasta la vista, baby.  Goodnight Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are.   You say goodbye...I say they are coming to take me away..ha ha

10 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

The bottom is going to fall out of this place if there's no commitment. Thing I want to know is when is XJ suppose to be announcing his return? Thought it was suppose to be a couple days ago wasn't it? Did I miss it?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

He did a podcast a few days ago. There seemed to be an assumption he would announce his waiver was granted. But he said he hasn't heard of a ruling yet. Besides, when there is a ruling -- I'm guessing IU will release the news immediately rather than wait for a podcast that was recorded a day earlier. 

1 hour ago, jbeaman9 said:

As a fellow IU fan, I understand your hesitation. However, the smoke around this is no where near what was being said around Battle. Someone has committed to IU (Ledlum or Ware or both). Too much smoke. 

I sure hope you are right and we aren’t in for a major let down!

2 hours ago, jbeaman9 said:

If the bulk of Ledlum's visit is today because he got to Bloomington later yesterday then I would assume not him.  I'll get excited if/when we get an announcement.

Of course I'll keep checking the board to see if I missed something, so good thing Friday is usually slower for work because I'm not getting anything done.

9 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well if so great job Woodson. Can’t ever replace a TJD but Ware is about as close as you can get 

If we are so blessed to get Ware, there should be no reason he shouldn’t be able to challenge the laurels of TJD. First thing, get him to the weight room.

10 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

If they both pick IU and XJ gets his waiver we will be in a decent position. Still need to keep chasing talent though 

Yes, add a scoring wing (Knecht!) and IU has addressed every major concern as well as can be expected. No guarantees, but that would be 'winning the off-season' for sure. 

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

TJD is an all time great. Anybody able to be better than him isn’t going to stick around 

….I agree, and I get what you are saying. I don’t know if there will ever be another guy, that plays TJD’s position at IU, to come in and break his records. However, ware could possibly come in as a sophomore and compete and play at the level of TJD did last year. I was just stating that some more muscle on his thin body would be very beneficial.